Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Box O' Goodies - Who Wants to Participate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
really sad we couldn't make it through 1 round of 10 people without a disaster. well hopefully better luck next round. I think ill wait and sit this one out and wait for round 3 or 4

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Okay, so it looks like good old Michael Useted (Mike Useted) of the Winston Salem North Carolina/possibly also South Carolina area (isotopes4 on FCB and Blowout, and ebay's neighborhoodcardshop) has skipped off with this box. After multiple statements stating that he'll send it, he has not and appears to be MIA.

Total value of the box? Any thoughts? A few hundred for certain.

It's an absolute shame that it has come to this, but it looks like filing with the U.S. Postal Inspection Service is the next step. I don't envy this step for him, but if he felt the need to stiff the members on this transaction after agreeing multiple times to deliver the goods, he'll probably enjoy it. Not good for employment or anything else, and I'd really rather not have to file this but we're not going to be left holding the bag for him.

At the end of the day, Mike knowingly stole a few hundred dollars in items that he clearly and admittedly received. In numerous attempts to contact he has lied about his intent to deliver the box and at this point appears to be a thief.

Please feel free to PM myself and/or Bill directly so that we can proceed with this.

spikes

Jan 2, 2009
I hate to say this but I added close to 500 cards. All inserts. Yankees (Mantle, Dimaggio, Jeter, and several old timers) also added some RCs and several Harpers and many other stuff for the guys down the line.

If you put a value of $2 a card is close to a $1k which is way undervalue. Also you add what was in the box from everyone else! You can figure out that the box was close to 2k to 2.5k at minimum.

Really sad about how it turned out.

Spikes

I think this device used to be called a phone; don't know anymore!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
What a d!ck. I hope he gets what's coming to him if he did ran off with the box on purpose.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Anyone thought about google searching him and paying the $2.95 for one day access to his contact info?

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
At the end of the day...it's a whole lot easier for us and detrimental to him to let the Postal Inspectors deal with it.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
There seem to be several people interested in starting a box to go around, which is great to have all these people interested. I think this is nice way to change up stuff in your collection that you don't necessarily want in it. All those pack pulls that are kinda useless too you. But of course, there is a collector out there for everything!

My idea was to have several people start a box up, but have specific content boxes and people can choose which ones they want to be a part of.

I was thinking the following (and of course, there is NO need for all of them to happen - they are just ideas!). The boxes do not have to be baseball specific, but since this is a baseball board that we are posting on, I personally prefer that the content be HEAVILY baseball related. Throw a few other sports in there too if you want. I know I did with the first box, but it was really baseball heavy.

1) Vintage Box - anything pre 1985
2) Parallel Box - for those who love refractors, parallels, artist proofs, etc.
3) Game Used/Auto Box
4) Non-parallel 90's insert box (good choice Mac)
5) Non-parallel 00's - current insert box
6) Non-sports box
7) Certified Autographed/game used MEMORABILIA box (balls, batting gloves, photos, etc.)

Thoughts are always welcome.

Having multiple people start up the box is probably the way to go, that way everyone has a vested interest and you hopefully won't have people willing to rip off everyone. We did a TTM auto box a few years ago and thankfully it made it all the way around to everyone. But to pick one person to start it and everyone throws in a little up front, then the box only goes out to those who added in to it. You can then add/remove as you see fit going forward.

Sorry hear this one got screwed over. I'd be willing to take part in one in the future (including a potential TTM Auto box).

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
As someone who participated last time this went down, I would like to offer some advice.
-Make sure if you are sending a specific card for a specific collector, mark it as such.
Noted in the first post: 3) Feel free to add a "for user id" on stuff that you want to go specifically to someone. Please be respectful of this and don't take something that say it is specifically for someone else.
-Do something to speed up the box moving along. Last time, people would sit on it for months. Not sure who ended up with the last box, but they made out like a bandit on it!
Noted in the first post: 1) Be timely! Don't keep the box for more than 48 hours in your possession. That should be PLENTY of time to go through and pull stuff out. Think ahead and have what you are going to add to the box ready to go before you even get it. This shold allow the box to do the full circuit in a couple of months.
-What about making everyone who is involved put a "security" deposit on the box? For example, $50 into Paypal until it is shipped. That would maybe deter people from keeping the box.
If my rep isnt enough to trust me, then I will pull out of this, as I see zero reason for trusted members to put in $50 "security deposit"

Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. I would have each person pay a security deposit before it gets shipped to them, once the next person gets it delivered the funds are then returned. Just my opinion though.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
So I take it the next box build go around is on hold due to technical difficulties beyond our control???

I think there is a lot of attention getting the first box all cleaned up. I also think many are probably questioning a second box.

If be in on a '90s box if we got one going. I would also be in favor of like a $50 PayPal gift to a mod and you get your $50 back when your turn has come and gone.

For those guys in box one, what a crappy situation. I hope the guy who ran off with the box gets what's coming to him.

---

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
I think there is a lot of attention getting the first box all cleaned up. I also think many are probably questioning a second box.

If be in on a '90s box if we got one going. I would also be in favor of like a $50 PayPal gift to a mod and you get your $50 back when your turn has come and gone.

For those guys in box one, what a crappy situation. I hope the guy who ran off with the box gets what's coming to him.

---

I agree with you Mac, this is a S***** situation, and a $50 security deposit would not hurt, considered it as "collateral" if you drag your feet on receiving and shipping within the standard of 72 hrs as stated previously. Would be nice to partake in a group function with zero issues!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
im still holding out hope he'll do the right thing but its not looking good.

Um yea, he HAS to be lurking on this thread. It's beyond the point of him showing back up and cleaning up his name IMO. Sucks and sad.

---

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
If he is, it is from a distance. He has not logged in since May 8th. I'm really saddened that this has gone this way. I thought all those involved were very trustworthy and had solid reputations. That should be enough to make all feel comfortable. Sadly, I guess it is not. This is the last place I ever thought I'd get burned. I'll move forward with whatever is necessary to file a complaint or what not. I've never done this before. Should the 8 of us that contributed all file something? Is that more powerful than just one of us? I mean, we were all taken to some degree on this since we all added to the contents (all except isotopes and lancemountain who never got the box - Terry, sorry to put your name in the same sentence with his!).
Um yea, he HAS to be lurking on this thread. It's beyond the point of him showing back up and cleaning up his name IMO. Sucks and sad.

---

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I may be a dreamer but holding a deposit shouldn't be necessary and kinda puts a cloud on the spirit if the thing. Also what's 50$ if the thing is holding tons of cards? Won't stop a theft anyway.

Limit it to members over two years and a post minimum. Take cell numbers and confirm them. That should be good.

Re: 90's box or whatever box. Again seems a little much. Just start another box, make sure members are known and have shown positive membership and we should be good to go again .

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
I may be a dreamer but holding a deposit shouldn't be necessary and kinda puts a cloud on the spirit if the thing. Also what's 50$ if the thing is holding tons of cards? Won't stop a theft anyway.

Limit it to members over two years and a post minimum. Take cell numbers and confirm them. That should be good.

Re: 90's box or whatever box. Again seems a little much. Just start another box, make sure members are known and have shown positive membership and we should be good to go again .

I was on your side till you said set it up for 2 yr members, that kinda deprives us new booty's of networking with you seasoned members, I do agree with handing out cell #'s and a post minimum, but don't single us out too much!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

Fair enough. I'd rather not have to pony up a small sum of money but rather just have the cred on the site and confirm cell number and we're good.

Members online

Latest posts