Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~The Official Anything and Everything YANKEES Thread~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Won this one last night for the opening bid:
image-21.jpg

sbjcards14

Dec 3, 2014
I was lucky enough to be at Yankee Stadium to see Dwight Gooden throw a no-hitter against a stacked Seattle Mariners team. After sitting in the snow on opening day the Yankees gave out free tickets to one of three games and I was lucky enough to pick the no-hit game. My ticket stub was in perfect shape minus the hole punch for being a complimentary ticket. So I started a quest to get all the stubs I can of big games. Here are the 3 perfect game stubs thrown by Larsen, Wells and Cone.
perfecttix0001.jpg

I was at the Wells game, What an experience. Dream of a lifetime for a lifetime yankee/baseball fan

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I was at the Wells game, What an experience. Dream of a lifetime for a lifetime yankee/baseball fan

I was on an active drill at the time of Wells Perfecto in the Navy Reserves at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina. I remember reading it in the USA Today. It also was the same week of the last Seinfield. I came home and the next card show a I went to my wife bought me the ticket stub and the Valintino Beanie Baby that went with it.

Last edited:

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I'm doing some organizing and thought I would share these. I slowed down chasing the newer non-playing years of O'neill because they keep producing his stuff year after year. I slowed up to the point of just grabbing things that appeal to me. These two Triple Threads are two I had add to the collection.
image_1.jpg

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I'm doing some organizing and thought I would share these. I slowed down chasing the newer non-playing years of O'neill because they keep producing his stuff year after year. I slowed up to the point of just grabbing things that appeal to me. These two Triple Threads are two I had add to the collection.
image_1.jpg

Sweet stuff Kevin, im finally picking up some 2000's on up of Bernie, god help me:wink:

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Today's mail. Pretty good shape for a hand cut:
1928 W513 Baseball Strip Card #68 Herb Pennock New York
image_3.jpg

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I got this one in today. This is a very tough auto to come across. Oscar died at 45 of a heart attack in his country Venezuela. A sad story. He was being neglected in the hospital because he could not prove he had insurance according to a story of his wife on YouTube. I'm happy to add this one to the collection.
image_4.jpg

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Thanks [MENTION=1722]nevermore[/MENTION] for showing me this poorly listed card. Happy to add this one:
image_5.jpg

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Well I am organizing my minor league Yankees stuff. I started with a complete set of 1980 Columbus Clippers Police set. I purchased this set years ago and the seller threw in two ticket stubs from a June 16 1981 game. I didn't do any research yet about that game but I do know Dave Righetti was called back up May of '81 so he was not the pitcher for the game of these stubs.
image_7.jpg

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Continuing with organizing these minor league sets. The next one is a 2012 Charlston Riverdogs set. I saw a bunch of these players in yesterday's ST game. Looking forward to watching these kids in the bigs.
image_9.jpg

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
That old clippers set is pretty cool. Do you know the first year these minor league cards were first produced? I have a most of the team sets that Posada is in from 91-94. Missing the 93 classic/best set.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
That old clippers set is pretty cool. Do you know the first year these minor league cards were first produced? I have a most of the team sets that Posada is in from 91-94. Missing the 93 classic/best set.

Great sets. I don't think I have all those. I am in the process now of inventorying and organizing what I do have. I see you keep yours sealed. I am fighting myself to open the sets I have. Hopefully I will someday just open them. I am not sure how far they go back but I'm pretty sure I have a set somewhere in the late 70s with the West Haven Yankees only because it was a CT team. Here is a 1986 Ft. Lauderdale Procards set. I'm not sure if there is only player that saw ML play. I will look into that.
image_8.jpg

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
I've gone back and forth on opening them up, but I think I'll keep them sealed. Maybe in the future i'll pick up just the posada from these sets so I'll have a copy to look at, lol.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I've gone back and forth on opening them up, but I think I'll keep them sealed. Maybe in the future i'll pick up just the posada from these sets so I'll have a copy to look at, lol.
I have all my Bernie's as singles but I still want to see the other players. I have not ripped them yet but I'm close. My sets that are loose I have been putting each card in a penny sleeve and the best card in a top loader. Then putting them in a team bag. They stay safe and secure.
Here is a 1989 Albany set.
image_12.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts