Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is anyone collecting any of the Topps Transcendents cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
I hadn't really considered it, but was looking at some on eBay and thought it would be nice to have a Griffey autographed card and was the winning bidder on a redemption card last night that's supposed to be # / 25. Really excited to see what this card will look like.

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
Thank you Ryan. I like them! Hopefully, they will capture his sweet home run swing and maybe an inscription..... That would be nice.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I was really considering buying a sealed base set. There was one for $2500 right before Christmas but it got got. And I've been thinking about getting a couple singles like Trout or Ichiro, just to have. I was unimpressed by the autographs, the design is boring, although again I might get one or two just because they're so limited and once they're gone it'll probably be a long wait for the next one.

tenballer

Aug 9, 2014
I'm not a big fan of the Chipper autos. Pretty plain and looks like a Studio picture. Some of the cut autos are pretty nice tho

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I might get one or two just because they're so limited and once they're gone it'll probably be a long wait for the next one.

I imagine Topps will make this an annual thing -- they are great at taking ideas that seem to work and beating them to death. With Transcendent easily and quickly selling out, it shows Topps that demand is there for doing it again sometime soon.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I meant the singles. I'd guess less than a quarter of the sets are going to be broken up within the first month or two. There have been 7 already sold on ebay via auction, and there's one more ending tonight. There are 4 for BIN prices about 300% higher than where auctions have been ending. But after that it might be a long wait for another auction.

I doubt it would be annual. It was for the 65th anniversary, so hopefully not again for at least another 5 years, if not 10, or 65. But on the other hand, I think they sold out, so they might say "Why not?"