Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Personal Top 100 Prospects List For 2017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Excellent list, J.P. I have two questions:

Which player has the best chance in the 80-100 rankings to make it in the top 30 by season's end? Are there any candidates, for that matter?

Which player in the top 50 was the hardest call for you to make in terms of placing them there?

Thanks for all of the work that you do!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Excellent list, J.P. I have two questions:

Which player has the best chance in the 80-100 rankings to make it in the top 30 by season's end? Are there any candidates, for that matter?

Ronald Acuna

Which player in the top 50 was the hardest call for you to make in terms of placing them there?

A.J. Puk. (Questionable control, but has the pitches to succeed.)

Thanks for all of the work that you do!

See above.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
What caused you to take Bickford out of the Top 100? (I could hazard a guess, just wondering specifics).

And is he, Ponce, Phillips, Bubon or Diplan the "next in" for Milwaukee?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
What caused you to take Bickford out of the Top 100? (I could hazard a guess, just wondering specifics).

And is he, Ponce, Phillips, Bubon or Diplan the "next in" for Milwaukee?

Loaded system, but I'd rank him above those other names.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I like Bickford but from what I read his velocity isn't what it was. I didn't watch him until he got drafted by the Giants so I dunno, I could be wrong

Collecting: Phil Bickford, Brandon Wood (still), Yankees and Rockies

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I love the list Jaypers. I'm especially happy to see Benintendi as the #1 prospect. I think it's a tough call between him and Moncada but Benny Baseball has displayed the ability to succeed at the major league level. I do believe Moncada will be able to as well sooner or later, he's just much younger than Benintendi. I also agree that Reyes is the top pitching prospect at the moment.

As far as it goes for my team, I'm delighted to see many of them on this list. I suppose my biggest surprise is seeing Luiz Gohara ranked so high on the list. I also see much potential in him just never expected to see him land on any top 100 prospect lists (yet). On my own personal (unprofessional) Braves rankings I have him ranked just around the bottom of the top 10 (somewhere around Fried, Newcomb & Weigel). I'm thrilled to see Allard in the top 50, as I've perceived him to be the Braves top pitching prospect even before Newcomb had his noes dive.

Nice work J.P.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I love the list Jaypers. I'm especially happy to see Benintendi as the #1 prospect. I think it's a tough call between him and Moncada but Benny Baseball has displayed the ability to succeed at the major league level. I do believe Moncada will be able to as well sooner or later, he's just much younger than Benintendi. I also agree that Reyes is the top pitching prospect at the moment.

As far as it goes for my team, I'm delighted to see many of them on this list. I suppose my biggest surprise is seeing Luiz Gohara ranked so high on the list. I also see much potential in him just never expected to see him land on any top 100 prospect lists (yet). On my own personal (unprofessional) Braves rankings I have him ranked just around the bottom of the top 10 (somewhere around Fried, Newcomb & Weigel). I'm thrilled to see Allard in the top 50, as I've perceived him to be the Braves top pitching prospect even before Newcomb had his noes dive.

Nice work J.P.

I had Gohara third, behind Lewis and O'Neill, on the M's list before he was dealt. Can hit triple digits, great secondary stuff, conditioning the only risk factor. Potential ace in the making.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I had Gohara third, behind Lewis and O'Neill, on the M's list before he was dealt. Can hit triple digits, great secondary stuff, conditioning the only risk factor. Potential ace in the making.

I'm glad to hear it. I must admit I know very little of him as I never followed Gohara until the Braves picked him up but I have heard high praise of the kid. I hated losing Mallex Smith so I really hope he's worth it. Triple digits is great, now let's just hope he can command his stuff, as lack of command is a common theme (Newcomb, Sims, Touki, etc.) among most of the Braves young top pitching prospects (outside of Allard & Soroka).

Members online

Latest posts