Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Leaf Memories 1992 Buybacks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis

I apologize in advance if you are 2***g (1972) in that auction.

But that person was just being a dick. It was obvious he wasn't going to win so he kept bidding by $5 to just make the other person pay more. Once he reveled 1877 max bid of $300 he stopped bidding. That is childish 'I'm taking my ball home' behavior. I hope that 1877 learns how to snipe as he would have won it for $103 without all of the shenanigans. If you take out both of those people it would have sold for $55.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

But that person was just being a dick. It was obvious he wasn't going to win so he kept bidding by $5 to just make the other person pay more. Once he reveled 1877 max bid of $300 he stopped bidding. That is childish 'I'm taking my ball home' behavior. I hope that 1877 learns how to snipe as he would have won it for $103 without all of the shenanigans. If you take out both of those people it would have sold for $55.
How is that not the most obvious shill ever?

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
How is that not the most obvious shill ever?

This is my hypothesis of the situation, but could be 100% wrong.

Second place bidder knew the first place bidder has deep pockets and wanted him to spend his max bid on the card.

I don't think it was shilled in the sense of the seller maximizing profit. But by someone pissed off that he wasn't going to win the card.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

There is was some guy with low feedback that kept bidding on my card in $2 increments over and over until he finally gave up.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I just received my 1/5 Butler. I was entering it into my site's database and was reminded that player collectors should be on the lookout for variations within the /5 buybacks - look for INC and INC. Some player collectors might get 'lucky' and find that Leaf purchased and stamped both variations.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Dude is a savvy marketer, I give him that.Apparently, his products seemingly sell out every year.

Not to take anything away from Leaf, but in these days of box/case breaks are there any products that don't sell out? Certain companies keep producing the same old crap because breakers are rabidly eating it up (even if 80% of it gets trashed after the fact).

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Not to take anything away from Leaf, but in these days of box/case breaks are there any products that don't sell out? Certain companies keep producing the same old crap because breakers are rabidly eating it up (even if 80% of it gets trashed after the fact).

OK, should have said "collectors keep buying it" instead.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I suggest you sell and rebuy down the road...

Ryan

Not me, and I wouldn't spend that kind of money on that card. I'm not selling my only copy of anything. I've turned down hundreds of dollars for a card I spent $5 on... without thinking twice. It's not about the money, so a few thousand dollars in the scheme of things isn't remotely worth it to me.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Not me, and I wouldn't spend that kind of money on that card. I'm not selling my only copy of anything. I've turned down hundreds of dollars for a card I spent $5 on... without thinking twice. It's not about the money, so a few thousand dollars in the scheme of things isn't remotely worth it to me.

this is what the hobby is about.

Good for you!

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

That's really refreshing to hear in this hobby.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

And I understand that . I also wasn't speaking of irreplaceable type items. I meant more along the lines of things you could have a shot at purchasing again down the road. But if you can fight the urge , good for you

Ryan

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
As posted earlier I found my O'neill 1/1 on eBay for a BIN 149.99. I gave it a few days and the an offer of $30.00. Quickly a counter offer was made at $65. I politely responed:

Thanks for the counter offer but I am going to pass. I got the 2013 1/1 under $20. I thought it would be cool to get the '14 but its just a bit too steep for an aftermarket non licensed non auto. If you can do any closer to my offer let me know. If not good luck with the card. I know how hard it is to retrieve/recoup from cracking boxes. Thanks for your time, Kevin in CT.

He then responded $35 and its yours. Even thats a bit nuts but I really have not made many PC purchases so its now on the way. I was happy there are sellers that work with buyers even if it was a tad bit high.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
As posted earlier I found my O'neill 1/1 on eBay for a BIN 149.99. I gave it a few days and the an offer of $30.00. Quickly a counter offer was made at $65. I politely responed:

Thanks for the counter offer but I am going to pass. I got the 2013 1/1 under $20. I thought it would be cool to get the '14 but its just a bit too steep for an aftermarket non licensed non auto. If you can do any closer to my offer let me know. If not good luck with the card. I know how hard it is to retrieve/recoup from cracking boxes. Thanks for your time, Kevin in CT.

He then responded $35 and its yours. Even thats a bit nuts but I really have not made many PC purchases so its now on the way. I was happy there are sellers that work with buyers even if it was a tad bit high.

Some sellers

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Members online

Latest posts