Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How would you handle this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 22, 2016
I don't think anyone has mentioned that the cost shouldn't have been at least 45-48. Being in business and not realizing $4 xs 12 is $48 and not $50 doesn't have anything to do with a "deal".

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
No its supposed to be 50. He bought 2 lots of 5 for $20 which is $40. Then he bought 2 additional cards at $5 each since it is only $4 each if you purchase 5 cards. Thats 50 bones. The dealer was correct and it is what I would expect to pay. The whole stink seems to be why the dealer charged 5 bucks for those 2 cards since the guy already bought two $20 lots. Some think the guy should have cut him a break. If the seller didn't have the 5 for 20 special the price for twelve cards is 60 bucks. So basically the guy got 10 bucks off but some think he should have gotten more. Am I correct in that assumption?
Meh. I wouldn't worry about 2 bucks.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
No, you are not correct in that assumption. It's just easy math. Once at least 5 cards were bought it changes the pricing to $4/card. 5=$20 , 8=$32, 12=$48, 100=$400 etc etc.

Ryan

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
As we can see, it's all up to individual interpretation. The general assumption is that once you meet a quantity discount (6 for $5 or $1 each for example), it continues through the purchase, which often (but not always) happens. Some sellers will require you to meet a certain quantity in each group to maintain the discount (discount applies to every group of 10 cards purchased, all other singles regular price).

In the specific case of cards, it is a bit one sided for a dealer not to continue the discount across a few more cards, since the price of these cards on the secondary market is almost always arbitrary to begin with.

Not knowing any other details other than what was shared, I think the buyer should have clarified what the price would have been and not assume a discount, but the dealer should have probably just offered it in principle.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
No, you are not correct in that assumption. It's just easy math. Once at least 5 cards were bought it changes the pricing to $4/card. 5=$20 , 8=$32, 12=$48, 100=$400 etc etc.

were you the seller? :lol: Who are you to tell anyone what the prices of someone else's cards should be using "easy math"

I would have expected to pay $50 and not thought twice but would have accepted a lower quoted price.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
were you the seller? Who are you to tell anyone what the prices of someone else's cards should be using "easy math"

I would have expected to pay $50 and not thought twice but would have accepted a lower quoted price.
Cool... really not worth arguing about in the end. If buyer paid $50, it is what it is.

Ryan

Last edited:

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
were you the seller? :lol: Who are you to tell anyone what the prices of someone else's cards should be using "easy math"

:lol: This 100%. I would have expected to pay $50. I love when people want to tell others their opinion is wrong.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
At least $60

A eBay seller/FCB mod told me that if I wanted to buy bulk cards from him on eBay that I had to pay a premium to buy a bunch of cards in one spot. He suggested that buying 10 cards would cost me about $30 shipping and since he was saving me on shipping he planned to charge more money.

Members online

Latest posts