Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone familiar with 2017 Allen & Ginter X???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
According to checklists, 2017 A&G X is supposed to have the same mini parallels as regular A&G (Red Brooklyn Back, No Number, Glossy) - but I can't find any examples of my player, or any player. All of the X Minis seem to only have the A&G back (along with the red and silver parallels). Am I wrong?

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Copy/paste error on Topps' behalf; I think they used the original 2017 A&G checklist and didn't edit it completely. Base, mini, red, and silver is all, unless the player has an autograph.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I think that is a typo. Topps is annoyingly lazy about their publichsed checklists - like not listing parallels - so it would be no surprise if they screwed up the Ginter X one in the opposite direction, by listing stuff that doesn't exist. I think BunchOBull is right and it's a copy/paste problem. Bah.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Thanks guys. I figured it was odd that none of the mini parallels of any players had surfaced.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Thanks guys. I figured it was odd that none of the mini parallels of any players had surfaced.

These parallels were inserted into Ginter X.

However, they were not black on the front, just Regular A&G held back for Ginter X.

How Topps gets away with holding back numbered cards from A&G for Ginter X, I do not know.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
These parallels were inserted into Ginter X.

However, they were not black on the front, just Regular A&G held back for Ginter X.

How Topps gets away with holding back numbered cards from A&G for Ginter X, I do not know.

Oh, gotcha. Thanks for the info.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Same as above. Regular A&G plates inserted into Ginter X.

Wow. That feels a little cheap on their part - although I am glad I dont need to track down 8 Ginter plates this year.

Thank you for the information. I really appreciate it.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Having not opened X, I appreciate the explanation. Strange choice on Topps' behalf. The last two years of A&G have been brutal for me, stuff just isn't showing up. Missing a couple of low end parallels that I've picked up since this picture, but this is my current progress on '17. It's been nearly a year since I've added anything to 2016.

21167318_10103932326937421_8902462870300884426_o.jpg

Members online