Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tony Gwynn...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
I was shocked and saddened when I saw the headline. A huge loss for baseball, losing an ambassador and true class act.

RIP :(

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
One of the few people that I would want at my dream dinner table that I sometimes dream about. Some of my family, friends, and people that I have respected or have taught me things throughout my life. Very saddened to hear that news today.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
This one hurts a lot, even with his medical troubles the last few years. Absolutely crushing for me and the Padres fans right now.

R.I.P. Tony. Say hi to Puck when you get to those pearly gates.

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008
One of my favorite players not on the phillies growing up...

Funny - he's at the top of a very short list of "favorite non-Brewer" players for me too. I met him at a card show in Chicago in the mid 90's - he was just set up at a table in the hotel lobby - no cordons or security - and genuinely seemed to enjoy talking baseball with the group of folks who had gathered around him. What struck me besides his graciousness was his incredibly accurate memory - one Cubs fan asked him about a specific game at Wrigley from some years earlier and Gwynn described the game circumstances - pitcher, who was on base, pitch sequence, etc. with remarkable detail. It made him almost as gifted in talking about baseball as he was playing the game. RIP.

buck724

Jul 22, 2010
Such a class act. I hope his family stays strong. RIP to a true legend :(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts