Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Crazy Exquisite Patch Prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not sure who "iluvsaudek07" is on ebay, could be a member here, but he has been killing it with sales of 2010 Exquisite patch cards for the past few months. Last night he had one that might be the most expensive non-auto, non-rare-RC-refractor, non-POP1-PSA-10 type card I've yet seen for a 21st century card, when a Mariano Rivera sold for $2247. Maybe it was the picture used, which is kind of amusing. Looks like something very physically satisfying but slightly embarrassing just happened.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I'm not sure who "iluvsaudek07" is on ebay, could be a member here, but he has been killing it with sales of 2010 Exquisite patch cards for the past few months. Last night he had one that might be the most expensive non-auto, non-rare-RC-refractor, non-POP1-PSA-10 type card I've yet seen for a 21st century card, when a Mariano Rivera sold for $2247. Maybe it was the picture used, which is kind of amusing. Looks like something very physically satisfying but slightly embarrassing just happened.

There have been some very rare HOF patches I'm aware of that have gone higher, but that's pretty insane. I had no idea the market for those was that hot...even for the ones that weren't initially released. Have to say it just looks like a very underwhelming card for $2250

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Some nice schilling going on with some of the stuff he sells
Even some of the run of the mill stuff sells 3-5x normal

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
I was having trouble getting the card images to come up...seems like most of them are "never seen?" ;) That's some serious cheddar and some pretty nice looking cards in his completed listings...

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Some nice schilling going on with some of the stuff he sells
Even some of the run of the mill stuff sells 3-5x normal

Any proof of this? I've purchased many rare Mariano's from him (including what might be my favorite card ever) and never saw anything suspicious.

I was the winner of the $2247 Mariano patch, I did not expect it to go that high. At all. I went nuclear on this card because I know how rare they are and I know there's a collector (on these boards) who has deep pockets. It was already at close to $700 with a day left to go. I thought I'd get it for less than $1000 but that collector I mentioned came back with a $2222 snipe. Without his bid I would have gotten it for $700. What's really crazy is if I'm correct about this other collector he already has one of these.

I've overpaid many times for a Mo I wanted but never to this extent. I almost regret going that high. If the "missing" copies of these Exquisite cards ever come to market I will regret it.

Scott F

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
This is one of those sets where sometimes you can't really apply logic. Like 1998 Red Crusades or the 2001 BC Pujols, even though there are somewhat equivalent sets, pricing often doesn't line up. Or it does only after everyone who wants a copy has one, but until then it's possible to catch amazing prices. But it's tough to compare it to other things because there isn't really another set like it due to the premature termination of distribution. That adds to the appeal of the set for me. It tough by any measure, but really about 10-50x tougher than it would appear on the surface.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Any proof of this? I've purchased many rare Mariano's from him (including what might be my favorite card ever) and never saw anything suspicious.

I was the winner of the $2247 Mariano patch, I did not expect it to go that high. At all. I went nuclear on this card because I know how rare they are and I know there's a collector (on these boards) who has deep pockets. It was already at close to $700 with a day left to go. I thought I'd get it for less than $1000 but that collector I mentioned came back with a $2222 snipe. Without his bid I would have gotten it for $700. What's really crazy is if I'm correct about this other collector he already has one of these.

I've overpaid many times for a Mo I wanted but never to this extent. I almost regret going that high. If the "missing" copies of these Exquisite cards ever come to market I will regret it.

Scott F

Congrats on the win man

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Just by checking the bidders histories tells you a lot. Who knows but those bidding histories sure look fishy.
I own some very rare Mo cards and know his market is strong on rare cards. This seller has contacted me plenty of times looking for rare Jeters which I have a ton of but am not interested in selling

Scott F

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Wow, that guy has some impressive completed listings. I wonder how he acquired all of those Exquisite patches and why he's steadily selling them off?

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Just by checking the bidders histories tells you a lot. Who knows but those bidding histories sure look fishy.
I own some very rare Mo cards and know his market is strong on rare cards. This seller has contacted me plenty of times looking for rare Jeters which I have a ton of but am not interested in selling

I've purchased at least 10-12 cards from him and they all went for big money. I check the bidder histories on expensive cards and I never saw anything with him.

Anyway, tell me more about these "very rare Mo cards".

Scott F

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
It's not just this seller. There was a suite a Ripkens ending last night through Probstein (I know, shilling allegations there too), 2 base cards, a nice 3-color patch, and dual patches with Pujols ($521) and Brooks Robinson ($586), all nice multi-colors. the single Cal patch went for $923. I haven't studied the bidders yet, but I'm not sure one person is winning all of them, or even bidding on all of them. Very strong.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I've purchased at least 10-12 cards from him and they all went for big money. I check the bidder histories on expensive cards and I never saw anything with him.

Anyway, tell me more about these "very rare Mo cards".

Scott F

Hey Scott I'm a big Yankee collector. I have a lot of Rare Mo cards but just can't bring myself to move them

Members online