Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Judge tops $14k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e.v.

Jan 23, 2011
Trying to decide if I should sell my /99 2017 Bowman Chrome Green auto I pulled. Prices are crazy after yesterday...

Yankees48

Jul 2, 2014
Guys i have one inception base auto, and one bowman draft auto. I'm a huge yankees fan though, what would you do?

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I like this part of the story..

“This is just off the charts,” Topps marketing manager Susan Lulgjuraj told the Post. “What Aaron Judge is doing nobody has seen in recent memory. This is one of the first cards made of him.”

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
A raw base auto just exceeded $1k and a non-auto base card went for over $100 so you'd be foolish to continue holding onto his cards at this point (unless you are a collector vs. investor).

The only other active player I can think of who has a BC base auto that sells for over $1k is Mike Trout.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'm still sitting on a '17 Bowman Jumbo case, and am constantly watching to see what his RC autos bring.

Anyone think his upcoming Topps Chrome RC autos will surpass them?

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
A raw base auto just exceeded $1k and a non-auto base card went for over $100 so you'd be foolish to continue holding onto his cards at this point (unless you are a collector vs. investor).

The only other active player I can think of who has a BC base auto that sells for over $1k is Mike Trout.

I don't know what I would do at this point. The rookie HR record is in his sights and he is a Yankees player, could get absolutely past insane.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
It is possible his stuff gets higher if he stays healthy and awards and accolades roll in at the end of the year but will it be significantly higher than where they are now? And is that difference worth the gamble? I say sell...all of them, use a bit of the profit a buy a lower end judge rookie or wait till the hype dies down.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I don't know what I would do at this point. The rookie HR record is in his sights and he is a Yankees player, could get absolutely past insane.

If he was called up at the same age of Trout or Harper then I'd believe that there may still be room for improvement within the next few years simply because there would be that possibility that he could finish his career as one of the all-time greats in history. It becomes much tougher to accumulate as many counting stats when a player has an age 25 rookie season. Sure, it's still possible for him to have a HOF career but not at the same level as what Trout could potentially put together and he's the only player to exceed and maintain a base auto value above $1k.

I could still be wrong. Like you said, there is the Yankees hype factor which is completely unpredictable. I remember thinking the same thing when his base auto was selling for roughly $600.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
If he was called up at the same age of Trout or Harper then I'd believe that there may still be room for improvement within the next few years simply because there would be that possibility that he could finish his career as one of the all-time greats in history. It becomes much tougher to accumulate as many counting stats when a player has an age 25 rookie season. Sure, it's still possible for him to have a HOF career but not at the same level as what Trout could potentially put together and he's the only player to exceed and maintain a base auto value above $1k.

I could still be wrong. Like you said, there is the Yankees hype factor which is completely unpredictable. I remember thinking the same thing when his base auto was selling for roughly $600.

No doubt, I am there with you 100%. I was just suggesting to possibly hold until the end of this season.

Members online

No members online now.