Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How do you require instant payment on eBay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
4 of my last 6 sales resulted in non payments including a $250 sale. How do you require immediate payment on eBay??? My other question is do you guys think you lose potential sales by requiring immediate payment??? I'm just sick of all these non payments, 90% being buy it now Obo format too

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Even after the NPB was filed... they still didnt pay? That usually does it for me.... 10 days no payment... I file the NPB... 3 hours later payment arrives.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
When you are creating the auction, if on a computer, there is a little tiny box in the area where you name the fixed price that says require instant payment. On the eBay mobile app there is a button you push in the category of payment info i believe and it toggles from no to yes. Obviously it will only work if the BIN is hit and not for auctions or BO's.

I only use BIN with immediate payment. I might have lost out on a couple sales but it's well worth it to not have to worry about the headache of begging somebody for your money.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I could be wrong, but I thought I'd heard somewhere that you had to have a store or certain status to require instant payment....is that true, or can anyone do it?

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Haven't sold for awhile, but I thought it was an option when setting price and length of auction. Check around what types of payments you accept, should be there unless eBay changed it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
After reading above post, BIN option does sound really familiar to having immediate payment required.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
I could be wrong, but I thought I'd heard somewhere that you had to have a store or certain status to require instant payment....is that true, or can anyone do it?

I don't have a store and I wasn't aware if I had any certain status or not. Though i did notice a PowerSeller logo next to my name lately...not sure what that means or how I got it.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I think anyone can add that to their auction.

For me, with this latest promotion, I set all of my listings to have instant payment. Of course, for instant payment to be required, you cannot have Best Offer...so price fairly.

(I'm a Power Seller too, but I believe that it is not a Power Seller only option.)

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
The instant payment option is a check box under where you enter your paypal address on the sell your item form. If you don't see the check box, you may need to enable it first by clicking on the "add or remove options" link for that area.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Instant payment cannot be required unless you use a straight BIN-style listing. If you try to utilize auctions or Best Offer option, then you cannot require immediate payment

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Thanks guys, almost all my listings are buy it now OBO so I guess I'm going to have think about this one.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Instant payment cannot be required unless you use a straight BIN-style listing. If you try to utilize auctions or Best Offer option, then you cannot require immediate payment

Thanks guys, almost all my listings are buy it now OBO so I guess I'm going to have think about this one.

You can still do a BIN/BO and have the Immediate Payment requirement added, HOWEVER, this will only be in effect if someone hits the BIN. If someone makes a BO and you accept it, there is NO immediate payment requirement.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
You can still do a BIN/BO and have the Immediate Payment requirement added, HOWEVER, this will only be in effect if someone hits the BIN. If someone makes a BO and you accept it, there is NO immediate payment requirement.

this sounds like what I need to do. cause even though I have best offer format seems like about 75% of my sales people just hit the buy it now

Members online