Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Unofficial official red sox game time thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Thank you soctty for the welcome. I was horribly upset, I was a fan of him long before the red sox. I was just deeply saddened when he got traded. I have WAY to many cards of him, I still supercollect him

My other name is awz50, I am very active also on Blowout with 10K+ posts

I see. I liked having Miley on the team, he's a very decent innings eater and you knew what to expect from him. I did understand trading him in order to address our BP needs, as that had been a weak area of the team for the past couple years (minus Uehara)

Who is your current favorite Red Sox player(s)? (I'll go on the assumption that it is not Clay Buchholz) Mine are: Vazquez, JBJ, and Xander...but I will always have a soft spot for Ortiz and Pedroia.

wademileylover#1

Apr 23, 2016
I see. I liked having Miley on the team, he's a very decent innings eater and you knew what to expect from him. I did understand trading him in order to address our BP needs, as that had been a weak area of the team for the past couple years (minus Uehara)

Who is your current favorite Red Sox player(s)? (I'll go on the assumption that it is not Clay Buchholz) Mine are: Vazquez, JBJ, and Xander...but I will always have a soft spot for Ortiz and Pedroia.

My favorite current Red Sox is Hanley Ramirez or Eduardo Rodriguez. It was a good trade, it did upgrade our bullpen BUT why not trade Clay instead of Miley..

I'd be willing to guess Ortiz is his favorite player...assuming because he had that Ortiz avatar on BO.

No that was Hanley in my BO profile pic.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I hated the Young signing and still do-but at least Farrell has stopped pinch hitting him for Shaw. That drove me nuts!

Thanks,
Jeff
You and me both, Jeff. Shaw doesn't even have any noticeable platoon splits, makes absolutely zero sense. But then again, it is Farrell we are talking about....

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
My favorite current Red Sox is Hanley Ramirez or Eduardo Rodriguez. It was a good trade, it did upgrade our bullpen BUT why not trade Clay instead of Miley..
Because Miley had more trade value because of his durability. Probably doesn't get done with Clay, hard to find takers when you can't prove that you can pitch more than a half season in the majors.

I like Hanley too...I'm very glad he is back in the IF and playing well. He seems a lot more comfortable in the field and at the plate. He'll have a great year if he continues to hit the ball the other way instead of last year when he tried to pull a HR over the LF wall every AB....

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Far cry from the Jones/McGriff/Lopez/Klesko or the Jones/Jones/Sheffield days huh?

I loved those days...all those power hitters. At any moment of the game we could take the lead because we were loaded with game changers.

We're just hoping that the Albies/Swanson/Riley hitting trio and Newcomb/Blair/Allard/Sims/Touki pitching rotation can help us get a little closer to those days.

Members online