Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Bowman Platinum To Be WalMart Exclusive (Or Is It?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I've never lived near a Target or Walmart who would have a product in stock anywhere close to the actual release date. In the past when I would actually buy retail I'd add an extra month to the release date and expect them to be in around that time.

I can't speak for any of the locations near me now as I just moved to South Carolina but I plan to go to Walmart this weekend so I'll take a gander but not holding my breath.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I've never lived near a Target or Walmart who would have a product in stock anywhere close to the actual release date. In the past when I would actually buy retail I'd add an extra month to the release date and expect them to be in around that time.

I can't speak for any of the locations near me now as I just moved to South Carolina but I plan to go to Walmart this weekend so I'll take a gander but not holding my breath.
Probably a good idea to breathe before this weekend

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
BREAKING - two different posters on BO are reporting seeing this (and buying) at Meijer as well.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
BREAKING - two different posters on BO are reporting seeing this (and buying) at Meijer as well.

Which means that Walmart and Meijer use the same 3rd party card supplier. No surprise that someone getting paid minimum wage and by the # of stores they get stocked in a week accidentally puts it in the wrong store. Welcome to the world of retail...

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
attachment.php

Sweet if it's all expenses paid.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2016-08-19-at-2.38.15-PM.png
    Screen-Shot-2016-08-19-at-2.38.15-PM.png
    155.4 KB · Views: 153

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Nothing at the Stillwater Walmart Thursday. If I get out today, I'll check again.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
OK, so I just went to the one in Stillwater, MN, and they had some. I grabbed one blaster and 3 hanging packs. I checked the hanging packs, and they seemed like unmolested. They have a dozen cards or so, so searching them would be hard.

Impression :

Kind of cheap. I didn't read up yet, but I don't think there are chrome versions, so it's all the same paper stock. And it is kind of chincy. I got no hits to speak of, aside from a blue parallel of Lester, numbered out of 250.

There are a wide range of names, and I got an Arcia for me. Then the blaster had the 4 exclusive parallels (Gallo being my best). It's odd that they call them exclusive in a product that is already supposedly exclusive to where the exclusivity exists (what?). But whatever.

Anyway, unsuccessful break for me. Might try some more at home, but if the odds are brutal, it'll probably be discounted long before it disappears.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
I've been to Walmart, Fred Meyer and Target these past two days and nothing. I guess tomorrow during work I'll make my rounds in Tacoma.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts