Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN A LARGE VINTAGE WAX PURCHASE FROM BBCE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I opened my stuff yesterday. Hit a jersey card of the Marniers closer from Japan(I can't remember his name). I also hit a Puckett, Clemens and McGwire RC from my 85 Rack Packs. I will try to post some scans later this week.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Wow, Josh, you cleaned up on the 85s. Nice to get a Puckett. I hope it was nice and clean.

I opened my stuff yesterday. Hit a jersey card of the Marniers closer from Japan(I can't remember his name). I also hit a Puckett, Clemens and McGwire RC from my 85 Rack Packs. I will try to post some scans later this week.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I think that is the 3rd Clemens out of the Racks and there are still more of them out there.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

WOW! That is a clean-up job... how many rack packs did you get again? Were they all in the same one?

I haven't got my packs yet (might be at our office) but sounds like slim to none chance I get one LOL

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
WOW! That is a clean-up job... how many rack packs did you get again? Were they all in the same one?

I haven't got my packs yet (might be at our office) but sounds like slim to none chance I get one LOL

5 1985 Topps Racks
3 1984 Topps Racks(hit nothing major)
2 2001 Leaf Packs

I know the Clemens and McGwire were in the same one but I can't remember if the Puckett was. Ironically the pack that had both also was the one that had the Eric Davis RC on the back of it. So I was very happy to open it.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
5 1985 Topps Racks
3 1984 Topps Racks(hit nothing major)
2 2001 Leaf Packs

I know the Clemens and McGwire were in the same one but I can't remember if the Puckett was. Ironically the pack that had both also was the one that had the Eric Davis RC on the back of it. So I was very happy to open it.

Freaking congrats!

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Josh's packs were great, but raw onion had the clean up job! Got both the Gwynn and Sandberg RCs, as well as other nice stuff.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=2455]Bill Menard[/MENTION] - Where is teh second large vintage wax purcahse thread?!? I'm interested but had no idea we already have another going...

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
Off all my packs got an '81 Rose base that's nice and clean and an '85 Donruss Bull Dog rookie that looks pretty good. Oh yeah, and along with the Johnny Bench in my '79 got Dewey Evans and...SMITH SMITH SMITH!!!! Needless to say I almost passed out opening that '79 pack! Sorry Bill!

Rose.jpgBull Dog.jpgBench.jpgDewey.jpgSmith.jpg

And BTW that Clemente was in a pack of '72 O-Pee-Chee I busted, at least it's in a good home now :)

Last edited:

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Damn, dude! You knocked it out the park! Wish the card was centered, but otherwise, that is about as good as it could have gotten! Hope you are back for more the next one! Congrats!!

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
And that my friends is why we prospect. I don't think I'll ever see a vintage pack like that again. Nevertheless, I am IN for the next go round, keep me informed! Nice to know you're a neighbor too :)

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I had some fun opening my stuff last night, but the results were kinda meh. I'll post more details when I get the chance later, but some high/lowlights:
'79 Topps pack - NOTHING at all. Not even a notable minor star.
8x '81 Topps - also nothing great, but did get a Nolan Ryan, Gossage, and a couple other decent cards
4x '82 Donruss - another shut out, got nothing
12x '83 Topps - since you guys cleaned that out, I got crap. Rickey card, but way off center, a handful of other stars in at best PSA 9 (bad off centering on some)
2x '84 T rack - a few nice cards, Murray, Ripken, couple others
13x '85 Donruss - this is where I made up for a lot of it, nice Puckett in 1st pack, E Davis, Gooden, 2 Winfields, some other nice stuff
'85 Topps Rack - Mattingly
16x '87 Donruss - some stars, Palmeiro (off center), nothing special
6x '95 Bow Best - 3 refractors (Greene, Karim Garcia!, some other dual card)
7x '01 Leaf Cert - got a Moises Alou Fabric (very meh), and a Piazza Mirror Red (/75) which was nice, but nothing near value on the packs

SO. Overall, ok, but fun break. I should learn my lesson one of these days.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I had some fun opening my stuff last night, but the results were kinda meh. I'll post more details when I get the chance later, but some high/lowlights:
'79 Topps pack - NOTHING at all. Not even a notable minor star.
8x '81 Topps - also nothing great, but did get a Nolan Ryan, Gossage, and a couple other decent cards
4x '82 Donruss - another shut out, got nothing
12x '83 Topps - since you guys cleaned that out, I got crap. Rickey card, but way off center, a handful of other stars in at best PSA 9 (bad off centering on some)
2x '84 T rack - a few nice cards, Murray, Ripken, couple others
13x '85 Donruss - this is where I made up for a lot of it, nice Puckett in 1st pack, E Davis, Gooden, 2 Winfields, some other nice stuff
'85 Topps Rack - Mattingly
16x '87 Donruss - some stars, Palmeiro (off center), nothing special
6x '95 Bow Best - 3 refractors (Greene, Karim Garcia!, some other dual card)
7x '01 Leaf Cert - got a Moises Alou Fabric (very meh), and a Piazza Mirror Red (/75) which was nice, but nothing near value on the packs

SO. Overall, ok, but fun break. I should learn my lesson one of these days.

Hmmm I bet it was fun breaking all that stuff! It does look like you caught teeth but there are some gems in there.... I purchased like a 1/4th of the amount you did, so I'll probably hit nothing lol

Members online

Latest posts