Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Saturday Morning Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
no not round fat just big boys . I coached 1970's 8/9/10 could NOT play over 80 pounds at weight ins , 2000's had several 125 plus one was a bowling ball . Now over 85 can only be linemen , last year I had four over 100 at age nine . RETIRED due to my work hours and health . At least now I can watch either G/S when I want .

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
It's not Babe Ruth or anything but this is one of the coolest things I have seen:

1984 Topps Proof Sheet Head in Window!

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1438448223.125209.jpg

Anyone want to go in on this and cut it up?

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Hey guys. Haven't been around much. Took a step back and spent some time with the fam. I'm back now and proud to let you all know that this guy won the card below, for $4, last night :)

Hope all had been well with everyone.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438470262.074618.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Back home from the National. Nice to meet Dustin in person. Show is overwhelming for one day. Bought some Graces and Vlads, and a Sean Casey patch. Main purchase was 31 different '97-'00 Pacific show embossed Grace cards.

A_Pharis

Hey guys. Haven't been around much. Took a step back and spent some time with the fam. I'm back now and proud to let you all know that this guy won the card below, for $4, last night :)

View attachment 53255

Who's that scrub? :lol:

Well, Dustin called me today, and he had found a dealer that had some DK Recollection autos. I didn't need any of them (though, they would be upgrades). Odd, though - Dustin told the guy he was making a list for a friend, and the guy apparently asked if it was a friend from Louisiana. Dustin said "Yes." Then the guy ask if it was me, by name.

Very strange to think of how a piece of your collection can be so recognized. I don't know who he is, but [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] did say he was a forum member.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Evening all! Been working a ton of ot lately! Just bit the bullet on a set need!
Incoming is 1953 Topps #280 Milt Bolling. Down to 3!

Dustin hell of a hall and loving the Yogi!

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska

Well, Dustin called me today, and he had found a dealer that had some DK Recollection autos. I didn't need any of them (though, they would be upgrades). Odd, though - Dustin told the guy he was making a list for a friend, and the guy apparently asked if it was a friend from Louisiana. Dustin said "Yes." Then the guy ask if it was me, by name.

Very strange to think of how a piece of your collection can be so recognized. I don't know who he is, but [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] did say he was a forum member.

Creepy Or nice to know your collection is recognized

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Well, what was supposed to be slow day got busy and is just about done now.

Going to be nice that tomorrow after 7 we have only one of the kiddos home til the next night. Will enjoy the quiet and lack of YT, Minecraft and Manga chatter!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Back home from the National. Nice to meet Dustin in person. Show is overwhelming for one day. Bought some Graces and Vlads, and a Sean Casey patch. Main purchase was 31 different '97-'00 Pacific show embossed Grace cards.

Really 31 different ??? That's awesome and I'm jealous to find a lot like that. Were they priced well? Also were they all new to you?

Ryan

Last edited:

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good morning all!
Magic - Thanks for the early morning laugh!:lol:
Dustin - Have you seen any Dawson items you didn't know we're out there?

Nothing that I didn't know existed. Probably never saw the Cannons in person before or I would have picked them up. A dealer actually went back to her shop or home to get them and brought them back to the show for me. Never seen a Dawson 77 and 78 Topps PSA 10 in person. The 77 wasn't for sell which is on of the two cards I was looking to buy and the dealer with the 78 wanted $50 more than I could get one online. Vintage Dan (another huge Dawson collector) had many nice Dawsons at his table but he has them over priced. Saw three other 1/1 Dawson autos that I didn't pick up. Was not much Dawson stuff at the show especially considering it was in Chicago and he was signing.

Congrats !!! And nice JJ's !! :p

I echo what my Florida counterpart asked you, Dustin; Is there any Hawk item or card that you've been shocked to see there or that you've never seen before ?

PM your address for the JJs, I also still have that other item I never sent you.

Out of this years' set?

Yes, it is out of this years Copperstown

View attachment 53255

Very nice!

It was a true pleasure to meet the man behind markgrace.com!

Very strange to think of how a piece of your collection can be so recognized. I don't know who he is, but @Hawk8 did say he was a forum member.

Yep, I was floored when he said your name. After talking to him some more he posts on the general chat mostly and he said something to the effect of doesn't Adam have more Recollection autos than anyone else so he is aware of your collection which is pretty cool.

Evening all! Been working a ton of ot lately! Just bit the bullet on a set need!
Incoming is 1953 Topps #280 Milt Bolling. Down to 3!

Dustin hell of a hall and loving the Yogi!

Go get those three and thanks!

Really 31 different ??? That's awesome and I'm jealous to find a lot like that. We're they priced well? Also were they all new to you?

Ryan

Also extremely jealous, I love the Pacific embossed!

Members online

Latest posts