Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I'm not sure if you looked at the link Chipper posted, but those sales were horribly low. Like $35 for Randy, $25 for Bags, $250 for Frank :(. I would have quadrupled those prices, that's not to say the high bidder still wouldn't have one, but those were sad.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

They were rough, or at least not NM-MT, almost all had snowing, white marks. I knew those would sell for significantly less. Samho's were much nicer.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
They were rough, or at least not NM-MT, almost all had snowing, white marks. I knew those would sell for significantly less. Samho's were much nicer.
Yes, that is true I guess on the condition, still was surprised not to see more activity I guess. I am hoping the Clark is as good as it looks from Samho when it arrives.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

Ripkenfan126

Jan 5, 2017
Samho's 1992 Donruss Super Diamond Kings (jumbo cards) ended tonight, some strong sales.

Ripken - $1,100
Clark - $611
Johnson - $221
Boggs - $178
Bagwell - $153

looks like ~$3,000 for all 27 cards. A PSA graded set (mostly 7s & 8s) sold on H&S just 3 years ago for $1,600.

Where do you see a Ripken sold for $1100?
Do u have a link?
I can’t find it. Thanks

Dec 4, 2008

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
1997%20topps%20Mit%201998%20Stars%20and%20Steel%20007_zpseswmo46q.jpg~original

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
5ec36d9e8821e097737d57d23aeef7b3.jpg
58a98b65dc7766654c86de2eeafc1ecb.jpg

Got this in today, red label with no serial number. Anyone have any info on it? I thought I remember reading about unnumbered copies at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
I'm sort of surprised on pricing given what the Crusade CTA promos sold for

Frank was up to 255 before listing ended and now shows selling for $10

Griffey sold $1,100

Dec 4, 2008
I'm sort of surprised on pricing given what the Crusade CTA promos sold for

Frank was up to 255 before listing ended and now shows selling for $10

Griffey sold $1,100
I was asking the seller of the 98 mirror reds about one of the sets he has (97 score reserve coll FB). He seems sketchy. Curious if those bids across the set by the same bidder are ahem "organic".

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I was asking the seller of the 98 mirror reds about one of the sets he has (97 score reserve coll FB). He seems sketchy. Curious if those bids across the set by the same bidder are ahem "organic".

That was also surprising to me that he has essentially a set of 1997 Score Reserve Collection football, and incredibly tough set (not very valuable, though). It's more likely that he got Pinnacle's replacements or cut his own sheets than it being a hand collated set. He even describes the set very oddly... as if he's describing a completely different set.

It makes me wonder if his 98 Pinnacles are also cut from his own sheets and that always makes me hesitate. As far as compared to the 98 Crusades, I'd say there just seems to be more provenance with the Crusades and obviously they are iconic to 90s collectors whereas most average collectors don't even know what those red refractors are.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
That was also surprising to me that he has essentially a set of 1997 Score Reserve Collection football, and incredibly tough set (not very valuable, though). It's more likely that he got Pinnacle's replacements or cut his own sheets than it being a hand collated set. He even describes the set very oddly... as if he's describing a completely different set.

It makes me wonder if his 98 Pinnacles are also cut from his own sheets and that always makes me hesitate. As far as compared to the 98 Crusades, I'd say there just seems to be more provenance with the Crusades and obviously they are iconic to 90s collectors whereas most average collectors don't even know what those red refractors are.

I assume he stumbled on some sheets as well; lots of high end sheets have surfaced over the last 2 years. I would have still taken a shot at the Thomas Mirror Red had it not been pulled. I didn't even begin to offer anything because I assumed someone selling such high end collectibles would know to let them run. The fact that he started pulling listings and essentially fishing for higher offers than he'd already accepted really turned me off to dealing with him any further.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
The prices seem higher than I would expect based on what the crusades sold for though...

I haven't messaged with the dude but if anyone has I'd appreciate any PMs with more context so I know if I should deal with

Members online