Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay seller refunded payment then relisted card.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caster513

Jul 16, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
So I won a '08 Nolan Ryan auto last night and payed immediately. Seller uploaded tracking number last night as well. Unfortunately today I received a refund and this explanation from the seller.

Hi Matthew. Your paypal payment for this card is on "hold". I have never had this occur before.The payment for this card will not be released to me until June 4th. Because of this, I am going to cancel the sale even though I paid for shipping and insurance. Your refund will be returned immediately. I will relist the card. My apologies for any inconvenience. But from my end as a seller, this is risk. Thank you for bidding. I wish the payment had gone through.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Tom

I don't sell much on ebay so I'm a little confused why my payment would be held up until then. I checked my credit card statement and it shows the payment was processed to the seller. I have around 500 feedback and never had a problem like this in 9 years, but what gets me is within an hour of my refund the card was back up for sale and my last email was never replied to. Any idea what is going on would be great. This was one of the last few cards I needed to complete the set. Should I just rebid and forget about it, maybe get it cheaper?

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I'd bid again. He could've started a new PayPal, which would require a hold. He could also have shipping complaints against him, which could result in a hold until delivery.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I've had Paypal switch my default payment from instant (the cash in my account) to an echeck.

But whatever happened the seller should have worked with you to fix the problem. Sounds fishy to me.

Scott F

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
i AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU...It's funny, sellers are always complaining about bad buyers, inability to leave feedback, scammers, etc.

I seem to have my fair share of seller issues. Just in the last month or so, I had someone refund me for a "lost" item right after I paid, several s/h gouges (always on multiple items by sellers who can't give me a clean answer on what they will charge for combined shipping), one guy wanted $10 to ship a handful of books and a small stack of cards, then sent me a paypal request for an addition $5 because shipping cost more than he expected (can't wait to see how it was sent) and the most recent one was for a guy who invoiced me over $20 s/h for 6 lots. 2 magazines, 2 pamphlets for lack of better description, a 3" pin/button and a pencil! I was informed that, despite what the listing read about combined shipping, he doesn't combine s/h charges on items that don't get more than the minimum bid ($0.99)!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The last one actually worked it out and sent a revised invoice that was much more reasonable, so scratch one off the bad transaction list for me.

Members online

Latest posts