Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
You have the redemption, you still need:

Mike-Piazza.jpg

I probably have one around here somewhere. If I lay my hands on it, I'll send it to you. Otherwise, I'll keep my eyes pealed.

thanks bud, appreciate the photo evidence too!

now i at least know what i have to look for. if you find one lying around that needs a new home, LMK ;)

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Great! Glad you were able to quickly and reasonably finish it off. If I'm remembering correctly, Piazza and Thomas were the only "winners" from the All-Start promotion. So, in theory, it should be more difficult to find than the 6 non-winners, as it would have been redeemed and lost.

Dec 4, 2008
Love the daily dose of proofs! My favorites are the blues. Always really loved the look of this set for both the proofs and the MC. I have a handful in inventory but none from your want list. I suspect some of these were leaked at the bankruptcy some time ago. I remember picking up 3 of the Chipper greens for next to nothing in consecutive weeks along with some of the Donruss Limited Exposure Unlimited and Star Factors...either that or a hoard was liquidated for .99 minimum with no reserve. Good luck mailing down your final ones!!

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
I suspect some of these were leaked at the bankruptcy some time ago. I remember picking up 3 of the Chipper greens for next to nothing in consecutive weeks along with some of the Donruss Limited Exposure Unlimited and Star Factors...either that or a hoard was liquidated for .99 minimum with no reserve. Good luck mailing down your final ones!!

Maybe so. I started working on this set in July of 2012. Picked up most from Burbank and some from COMC, but those wells have essentially dried up (both have cards I need listed at prices I am not willing to pay). New Pinnacle was not a terrible product, but it clearly didn't sell well, since these inserts are particularly difficult to find. Proud to say that only 5 of them cost me more than $10 and the most I've paid for 1 is $12.55. Have $472 in the set right now and think I can finish it out for less than $600.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Maybe so. I started working on this set in July of 2012. Picked up most from Burbank and some from COMC, but those wells have essentially dried up (both have cards I need listed at prices I am not willing to pay). New Pinnacle was not a terrible product, but it clearly didn't sell well, since these inserts are particularly difficult to find. Proud to say that only 5 of them cost me more than $10 and the most I've paid for 1 is $12.55. Have $472 in the set right now and think I can finish it out for less than $600.

I keep forgetting to check if I have an extra Rusty. I doubt it... not one of my favorite cards (dumb photo) or else I'd have hoarded it. His Pinnacle Plus AP is much cooler.

ripken8

Nov 11, 2013
Anyone ever read the backs of the 1996 Stadium Club Extreme Player redemption cards? I find it interesting/funny that Canadian residents were required to also solve a "skill-testing" math question (last sentence of the first paragraph). Here's the back of the Silver version.

1996_StadiumClub_(#424)_ExtremePlayer-Silver_Back.jpg

I have all three versions of my player (Bronze, Silver, and Gold) and the question on the back is different for each. Wonder what happened if you got the question wrong?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Anyone ever read the backs of the 1996 Stadium Club Extreme Player redemption cards? I find it interesting/funny that Canadian residents were required to also solve a "skill-testing" math question (last sentence of the first paragraph). Here's the back of the Silver version.

View attachment 52122

I have all three versions of my player (Bronze, Silver, and Gold) and the question on the back is different for each. Wonder what happened if you got the question wrong?

Interesting observation that the question is different on each. I wonder if that led to any variations for player collectors (like bronze versions with different questions)?

ripken8

Nov 11, 2013
Interesting observation that the question is different on each. I wonder if that led to any variations for player collectors (like bronze versions with different questions)?

I wondered the same thing so I compared what I had against COMC for my player along with a few other players. Regardless of the player, all tiers used the same question. So in other words, all bronze cards used the same question, all silver used the same, etc. My sampling wasn't huge so if someone has a bunch of these laying and wanted to confirm that, that would be appreciated. But as someone who includes subtle variations in my collection, all I can say is...thank goodness it doesn't look like I will have to try to track down and catalog that! :)

parsetdx

Apr 15, 2009
Philly
Question on rarity of 1999 Stadium Club Triumvirate parallels. I'm a Thome collector BTW and I have all 3 of the parallels.

Beckett lists values for Luminous and Illuminator, but not for Luminescent. So that makes me think Luminescent is the most rare of the 3, however, the Illuminator looks like a much cooler card in hand, IMO.

Any advice? Just curious really. Thanks.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Question on rarity of 1999 Stadium Club Triumvirate parallels. I'm a Thome collector BTW and I have all 3 of the parallels.

Beckett lists values for Luminous and Illuminator, but not for Luminescent. So that makes me think Luminescent is the most rare of the 3, however, the Illuminator looks like a much cooler card in hand, IMO.

Any advice? Just curious really. Thanks.

The illuminator was seeded like one for every 300 amd something packs much harder to pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online