Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
I've thought of the exact same thing. Wondered about the Hall of Fame. Maybe Rickey will have a museum like Feller or Yogi? I'd donate to that!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

I have been going back & forth with this for a couple of years now. I have 3 girls that will have zero interest in it. I am at a point where I think selling it asap would be the smart move. Its a hard decision, but I think I am getting closer to doing it.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
I have been going back & forth with this for a couple of years now. I have 3 girls that will have zero interest in it. I am at a point where I think selling it asap would be the smart move. Its a hard decision, but I think I am getting closer to doing it.
The decision to sell, while tough, ensures your collection lives on as well.......

rickey5191

May 24, 2011
I would certainly consider selling my collection. I am not going to give it away and I do know that I would never get what I could get by selling everything individually.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Buying a whole collection is tough for me. I have no dupes at all, nor do I really want any that I can't trade for cards I need. So if we both had say 2k unique Hendersons, how many different would I end up with? Always the questions that run through my head....

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Buying a whole collection is tough for me. I have no dupes at all, nor do I really want any that I can't trade for cards I need. So if we both had say 2k unique Hendersons, how many different would I end up with? Always the questions that run through my head....

I bought out a collection and it worked out great for me. I got a bunch of low numbered cards and sold a lot on Ebay and made 3x the money back. My 96 mirror gold and my 98 Fleer Ultra Masterpiece cost and about 200 others cost me nothing in the end. Plus I was able to fund some crazy Ebay spending during this time. If I sell, I can take care of all but 2 on your list above.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I bought out a collection and it worked out great for me. I got a bunch of low numbered cards and sold a lot on Ebay and made 3x the money back. My 96 mirror gold and my 98 Fleer Ultra Masterpiece cost and about 200 others cost me nothing in the end. Plus I was able to fund some crazy Ebay spending during this time. If I sell, I can take care of all but 2 on your list above.

I'll start saving in case you do. I'll eat Ramen noodles for a year if I have to!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

rickey5191

May 24, 2011
So I come back from my business trip today and the first thing my wife says to me is "we have got to talk about your Rickey Henderson problem". I had a few posters and a print delivered to the house while i was gone and she also went to Michaels to pick up a Keith Murray print I had framed so i think it put her over the edge. Michaels also had a big sell on cheap poster frames so i bought a bunch to finally start putting all the posters in and now i have a stack of Henderson framed posters in the closet too (its great to see everything framed by the way). Needless to say I am apparently taking up too much room in my upstairs closet, (it's debatable). Anyway, the compromise we came up with is I can only buy things that fit in my existing storage boxes and no more posters in frames until we move into a new home hopefully in a few years. This really only leaves me with buying cards. We have a baby due in January so my town home is getting cramped. One day i will have my man room, i had a partial room before the baby news so this was not a problem. Welcome home.

Latest posts