Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Screenshot_2013-08-05-15-13-45.png

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I have 13,661 Roll Over minutes. My phone was at 33%, during the called it charged to 100% then went back down to 80%. That is how long I was on the phone. GOD DAMN, TRASH ASS COMPANY!!
Wow... I can't believe you lasted that long... one hour and I would of been gonzo

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Hope for nothing but the best, Chuck ! Hospital jive is no fun at all :(

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Good evening all!
As far as who starts this thread, to me, it doesn't matter. I would start it but since I can't access FCB at work, I don't feel it would be right. I always thought of this group as a tight knit bunch with varying collecting habits, but always open to welcoming new contributors/posters. I'm somewhat of a Johnny-come-lately but have always felt as though I was accepted right off the bat (no pun intended). As long as I see the familiar marked thread when I log on before leaving for work, my day is started off right.
Ralph - Fantastic Andrew Luck card!
Alexs - I can't believe you waited 3 hrs and still could not speak to anyone. Wait.....it was Topps....nevermind.
Charlie - Great to see you posting but real sorry to hear about your misfortune. I always enjoyed your no-nonsense replies and look forward to many more.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
More:

View attachment 20060

As the show opened after the VIP gathering, Eric, Julie and I got in line to get in the show and go straight to the Topps booth to get the Puig redemptions. I bought the boxes while Eric and Julie got in line. To get the Gypsy Queen Puig card, I had to purchase a box of WBC Tribute and give the outer wrapper to get the card. I sold the Puig for over $90 last night.

It's hard to see the names on the patch cards. On the left is Fernado Rodney, right scan is Miguel Montero.

Ralph, mind if I ask what base cards you got out of the WBC? When you have time of course!

A_Pharis

Hello boys.

This is my first post since May 16th...:oops:

I hope all is well.

I haven't really had much time for the hobby this summer, as I have been suffering through one medical mallady or another since May.

I started having chest pains and shortness of breath one day after working out, so I went to the the doctor, who referred me to a cardiologist. But before I could go to that first appt, the symptoms got even worse, so I spent the night in the ER hooked up to various and sundry equipment. They sent me home saying my blood tests, ekg, and xrays were all fine.

So I followed up with the cardio, who decided to perform a myoview stress test, in which I got shot up with nuclear medicine twice, and ran uphill on a treadmill for 10+ minutes before my heartrate got to where they wanted it to be. All tests, scans, etc came back fine.

So it turns out that I actually have G.E.R.D. which can cause all the same symptoms as a heart attack...fun.

I was then referred to a gastroenterologist, and have been scheduled for an endoscopy for quite a while now, but I have to keep putting that off, because in the middle of June, something (I don't know what) happened to my back, and for the last 6 weeks I have had a bulging disc putting pressure on my sciatic nerve and sending stabbing, searing pain down the back of my leg.

I'm scheduled for my 2nd round of epidural steroid injections on Wednesday to hopefully get the pressure down, so that life can return to normal. As it has been, all I can do is barely make it through work, and then come home and crash. No working out, can't enjoy my pool, can't play in the yard with Olivia, and no NSCC...:(

This summer has sucked royally...but I am going to try to make more of an effort to say hello here, as I have missed talking to you guys, and clearly have missed a lot in the hobby, and in all your lives as well.

Cheers

Chas: I'm glad it's not what it could have been. GERD is no fun. I suffer from esophageal spasms (drinking cold/hot liquids, greasy food) as well as indigestion at night. Pair that with some anxiety, and it's a real hootin' holler. Dr. appointments make me anxious, which gives me indigestion, which fuels the anxiety. I've been dealing with it for so long that it feels normal, now.

Good luck with what's left to come for you.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good Afternoon Gents! Back at work today starting three long days of training and prepping for my ITIL certification for incident management. I had a GREAT time at the National and will be creating a thread around it in the next couple of days.

A for who and how the MT is started, I love the consistency of Dan the man traditionally but really do not mind if it is someone else just as long as there is one going daily. Personally, I used to start it myself as well but stopped when my work hours changed and time wasn't as frequent posting through out the day for me.

Charlie - GREAT to hear from you and I hope all gets better soon for you!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Today's mail. The Licon was a TTM request. I sure hope he doesn't sign a bunch of autos for Topps!

scan0018_zpsdb50fa65.jpg
scan0019_zps55593ed2.jpg

And next is what I will probably consider my biggest eBay steal. @devin posted about it in the Twins thread, and since I didn't have a Morneau autograph I figured why not chance it. I got this for $3.94 dlvd.
scan0020_zps4bcfdc8f.jpg

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
A big part of this that has not been discussed, I would imagine, is the fact that this new member has generally conducted him/herself like a ******* in other threads since joining. It might be more accepted if they were, as Alex suggested, "respectable". Even just being liked in general would help lol

This is why I mentioned it to buster. He's been an arse, during his short time here. That, and I remember start the MT one morning and GC PM'ed me to let me know that starting the MT also meant I had to keep track of birthdays, and a bunch of other stuff Dan does. So, that told me Dans starts the MT. It doesn't matter to me who starts it. But, like Alex, I prefer it be a respected member who has handled themselves as such during their time here.

I'm up at 3:30 every morning, but have no desire to "de-thrown" Dan. I do get a bit worried when its not up by 5 AM though, lol.

On a side note, I've seen multiple posts by Buster where's he's just being a buster. We don't need that.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

A_Pharis

The MT norm, not rule, was discussed about the time of the Miggy situation when we had multiple threads daily and many started by members that drove MT and FCB contributors away from the site. At that time the MT thought it best for Dan to continue starting the weekday thread due to continuity and regularity, something carried over from the BMB. Also Dan had always been a driving force behind gifts and other good deeds. I do realize that he has done this awhile and a break may be in order. As a mod I try not to start the thread and only do so if it is not started by 630 or so on the weekend, which is rare.

Since this issue has once again arisen how do we as a unified team move forward so everyone feels included and welcome.
A. Should one person, does not need to be Dan, be the daily starter?
B. Any member that posts throughout the day can start the thread at appox 5a?
C. Other?

Honestly I lean to B but have stuck with A based upon group norms that are more than 15 years old. If Dan wishes a break I say B but hope that someone will also not let gifts, cards, and tributes fall to the wayside. Also please continue the distinguishable title so the MT is easy to locate.

I'd like some sort of A & B, it's not to have one person that starts it... but that's really just to cut down on confusion, people rushing to start a thread or accidentally starting more than one MT.

I'd just like to see a rule similar to this (applying to all recurring threads):

"To respect the order and flow of established recurring threads, we ask that members participate in those threads long enough to be considered an active contributor before attempting to start the following day's thread. This is to eliminate any confusion or competition that may arise surrounding the creation of recurring threads. It is also asked the these threads be created during the proper applicable time table for that thread. This only applies to established recurring threads, such as any sub-forum's 'Morning Thread', 'Daily Thread' or the like."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts