Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FT WTTF: Cal Ripken, Jr.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thejackaryman8

Sep 11, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
Thanks for putting that to rest Bill! I'll be back in Billings tomorrow night (weather permitting) and will rock that spreadsheet as quick as I can.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
Okay, if you guys says so. All the Ultra:
2000 have 2000 printed on the back and it's 2000
2001 have 2001 printed on the back and it's 2001
2002 (#8) have 2002 printed on the back and #226 have 2001 printed and it's a 2002?
What am I missing? Did they print the higher numbered and released it first? Inserted in 2001 packs maybe?
Thank you for chiming in actually. Am I the only one confused about this?
O.K., I don't mean to chime in, but since I am waiting on the Ripken spreadsheet so we can possibly make a trade, the card in question is a 2002 Ultra.

I checked my 2001 Ultra set. Card #226 is Jimmy Anderson/Tim Redman.

2002 Ultra is Cal Ripken/Brian Roberts and is a SP (1:4 packs).

LMK when you get that spreadsheet available.

Bill

chilly55

May 16, 2010
It does seem that card #'s 221-250 only have the 2001 date. 1-220 & 251-285 all have the 2002 date on them. Don't ask me why, but they do. I checked the Beckett Almanac 16th edition, and on page 1114, it does state that "All team player subset cards are noted to be 2001". So for whatever reason, Fleer/Skybox printed 2001 only on that particular subset.

Bill

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
Dang! Since the proof is on the pudding, I guess Togaman was right all along. Good job, man. Just when I thought you can trust what's on "black & white" they pull something like this. Thanks for the info. I'll just go ahead and shut up now. Sigh.....

thejackaryman8

Sep 11, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
I do have hundreds of Ripkens... Shoot me a list as well...

Do you have a trade list? I have a few hundred Ripken's.

Bill

After you deal with all of them above, please shoot me a list of what you have for trade. I'd be more than glad to trade for what I need. Ripken to Ripken trade works best for me. Thanks...

Do any of you Ripken collectors have an extra 2002 Fleer Ultra Gold Medallion of card# 226. Its one of the last two cards I need to complete my Ultra Gold Medallion set Fleer Ultra 2002Gold Medallions (My Want List)
226(Ripken/Roberts),245(Garciaparra/Hillenbrand)

I only have one of these. Sorry to be the one to tell you but Bro, this card is actually 2001. See the back scan?

2001Ultra226Gold.jpg

Do You have any ripkens to trafe?

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

O.K., I don't mean to chime in, but since I am waiting on the Ripken spreadsheet so we can possibly make a trade, the card in question is a 2002 Ultra.

I checked my 2001 Ultra set. Card #226 is Jimmy Anderson/Tim Redman.

2002 Ultra is Cal Ripken/Brian Roberts and is a SP (1:4 packs).

LMK when you get that spreadsheet available.

Bill

Finally have my spreadsheet available! I'm looking for anything that IS NOT on there! Thanks everyone! Feel free to to let me know what you're looking for in return!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wLxAsucmwaeE8wT24ydS1mVzg/edit?usp=sharing

Alright guys - I finally have it up! Take a look through there and check if you need any of my duplicates. I'm really only looking to trade but I have plenty of other stuff for trade. Let's make this fun for me and equal for you guys...and fun too!

Members online

Latest posts