Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2000 Finest Gold Refractors... backdoored?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nerdherd020

Feb 9, 2011
California
This seller has a whole bunch of 2000 Finest Gold Refractors listed and multiples of some big names. Upon closer inspection the ones he has listed don't have the jagged/saw-like/die-cut border they're supposed to have (example below):

s-l1600lkjlkj.jpg

Are the ones he has listed backdoored versions? I messaged the seller and he said they came in a collection he purchased.

He also has a crapload of unnumbered 2000 Stadium Club Chrome First Day Issue cards. These are supposed to be numbered /100 but the ones he has are missing the serial number. And those aren't the only 'missing serial number' cards he has listed.

Last edited:

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I see someone picked up both of his 97 finest embossed canseco with no embossing ... anyone know who that would be? I think the name shows a****c with 6403 feedback. I wanted one! :/

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
He has multiple versions of some tough gold refractors too, like 8 copies of one Vlad card I was watching. Seems like they must be backdoored, as odds of having that many copies is high.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Accidentally bought a few of the 1999 before I realized they weren't serial numbered - got too excited and didn't read the description, wouldn't have bought them otherwise, so there's $25 down the drain :(

I would buy the 2000s, though, since they weren't serial numbered anyway. Unfortunately I have most of those.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Accidentally bought a few of the 1999 before I realized they weren't serial numbered - got too excited and didn't read the description, wouldn't have bought them otherwise, so there's $25 down the drain :(

I would buy the 2000s, though, since they weren't serial numbered anyway. Unfortunately I have most of those.

I actually bought *because* they were missing the serial number :)

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
If I were to buy the 2000 Stadium Club Chrome Eyes of The Game Complete Set, would you guys be interested in picking up your players from me? IE, breaking the set up. I only want the Griffey. 10 card set:

Griffey
McGwire
A-Rod
Nomar
Sosa
Larry Walker
Gwynn
Jeter
Piazza
Randy Johnson

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
If I were to buy the 2000 Stadium Club Chrome Eyes of The Game Complete Set, would you guys be interested in picking up your players from me? IE, breaking the set up. I only want the Griffey. 10 card set:

Griffey
McGwire
A-Rod
Nomar
Sosa
Larry Walker
Gwynn
Jeter
Piazza
Randy Johnson

That goes for the refractor set ($129) and standard set ($49)

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
I'd also consider buying the set and breaking up for the 2000 Stadium Club Clear Shots - standard ($19) and refractor ($69). Players:

Griffey
Manny Ramirez
Roger Clemens
Josh Hamilton
Juan Gonzalez
Jeter
Maddux
Chipper
Bernie
Andruw Jones

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The collection of Finest and Stadium etc was purchased from someone involved with the Chromium products. Which is technology involved with certain product lines. Seller did not cut them down, don't know exactly in what form the previous owner obtained them.
[MENTION=6194]Hendersonfan[/MENTION], check PM

Ryan

Members online