Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yankees VS Alex Rodriguez

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
So the Yankees are contesting ARods contract regarding his HR milestone bonuses...as a fan, I think it's the right thing...your thoughts???

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I don't see how A-Rod is in the right here, MLB contracts are more guaranteed than any other professional sports contract but with all the craziness A-Rod has caused and considering the fact that this guy has more money than he knows what to do with, is an admitted cheater, etc. I hope the Yankees get the money back and are able to put it into their organization.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I don't have a strong opinion on this specific issue, I just see the whole thing playing out slowly and badly for baseball over the next several months. But, hey, at least he is training with Barry Bonds to get ready for the season.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Yankees dont need the money, either does ARod #FirstWorldProblems

I was thinking this same thing, but as an organization the Yankees lose out if they have to pay A-Rod this money because if they get it back they'll likely put it back into the organisation. If they don't get it back I don't think they'll put an equivalent of money in anyways. Neither really "needs" the money for sure, but A-Rod certainly doesn't deserve it.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Let me clarify, it's right that the Yankees are contesting the bonus for each HR milestone, since it will appear as tho ARods HRS are questionable.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Let me clarify, it's right that the Yankees are contesting the bonus for each HR milestone, since it will appear as tho ARods HRS are questionable.

I don't think whether or not the Yankees are able to recoup $6 million will have much to do with how much legitimacy people give A-Rod's homerun total when all is said and done. If anything, he may even get worse press than Clemens & Bonds did. This is a guy whose about to pass Willie Mays' on the all-time HR greats list. Really a shame what his career has turned into he had so much talent I think he would have been an all-time great regardless but obviously that's speculation no one cares to hear.

Another option for the Yankees is just to flat out bench him, that way he won't hit Mays' HR count and won't get paid the bonus but obviously the Yankees aren't in a position to do that with their lineup needs and the money the owe him for his regular contract. If anything, the Yankees need to pray he plays a full season and is productive.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Are the Yankees prepared to forfeit their 2009 championship? They loved that Arod was juicing then. Now that it is not in their financial interest, they want to withhold funds? Their signature is on that joke of a contract, too.

I will put it this way: all of those hrs are going in the record books, so the contract needs to be honored. That's my opinion.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
2012848117_Calvin_Peeing_xlarge.png

large_alex-rodriguez-steroids-a-020709.jpg

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
I don't think whether or not the Yankees are able to recoup $6 million will have much to do with how much legitimacy people give A-Rod's homerun total when all is said and done. If anything, he may even get worse press than Clemens & Bonds did. This is a guy whose about to pass Willie Mays' on the all-time HR greats list. Really a shame what his career has turned into he had so much talent I think he would have been an all-time great regardless but obviously that's speculation no one cares to hear.

Another option for the Yankees is just to flat out bench him, that way he won't hit Mays' HR count and won't get paid the bonus but obviously the Yankees aren't in a position to do that with their lineup needs and the money the owe him for his regular contract. If anything, the Yankees need to pray he plays a full season and is productive.
They won't bench him. He is going to be the starting DH. IF he performs very poorly or doesn't do much I think they will bench him. After they signed Headley it pretty much solidified that ARod would only be a DH and backup 3B.

Are the Yankees prepared to forfeit their 2009 championship? They loved that Arod was juicing then. Now that it is not in their financial interest, they want to withhold funds? Their signature is on that joke of a contract, too.

I will put it this way: all of those hrs are going in the record books, so the contract needs to be honored. That's my opinion.
lol smdh. Do you understand the contract? Clearly not. He was signed to a big deal but these "performance clauses" were put in a completely separate marketing deal. The deal was signed under the assumption that this would be a huge record chase, would sell mem and lots of other stuff, would fill the house etc. It is not his player contract they are going after. Its the completely separate marketing deal. ARod signed it under false assumptions and now this marketing portion has virtually no additional value to the Yankees. That is where they are going after him and likely will at least be able to cut the bonuses down.

I'm completely against voiding his player deal as that is something the Yanks will have to deal with until he retires or contract is up. They are learning about not giving out the big deals and I think that this along with some of the other deals has shown the Yanks that is not how they will win. However, cutting this COMPLETELY SEPARATE DEAL makes perfect sense and likely will be cut down a little at least.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
lol smdh. Do you understand the contract? Clearly not. He was signed to a big deal but these "performance clauses" were put in a completely separate marketing deal. The deal was signed under the assumption that this would be a huge record chase, would sell mem and lots of other stuff, would fill the house etc. It is not his player contract they are going after. Its the completely separate marketing deal. ARod signed it under false assumptions and now this marketing portion has virtually no additional value to the Yankees. That is where they are going after him and likely will at least be able to cut the bonuses down.
It matters not to me that this was a separate marketing deal. It seems to me that the Yankees were the ones making the false assumptions. I would like to see the contract; if there is wording in there about PED use or generally unbecoming conduct, then let the contract be voided (I have only read one short article about this and saw no mention of such language). Otherwise, it was a bad contract that needs to be lived up to.

I wondered aloud here at the end of last season if they would just release Arod and eat the money currently owed to him. The relationship is awful and spring training is going to be a circus of negativity. I almost feel bad for Yankees fans, but not really.

As a side note, I bet the Yankees wish they could test Arod for every illicit substance under the sun on a daily basis. They would do anything to get out of these horrible contracts they have signed.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
They signed it, pay it. Think that's all I heard when angels signed GMJ.

Both are kicks to junk, hopefully teams learn.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
It matters not to me that this was a separate marketing deal. It seems to me that the Yankees were the ones making the false assumptions. I would like to see the contract; if there is wording in there about PED use or generally unbecoming conduct, then let the contract be voided (I have only read one short article about this and saw no mention of such language). Otherwise, it was a bad contract that needs to be lived up to.

I wondered aloud here at the end of last season if they would just release Arod and eat the money currently owed to him. The relationship is awful and spring training is going to be a circus of negativity. I almost feel bad for Yankees fans, but not really..

They should have dropped him. Be smart to drop him b4 spring training. Cancer spreads and with his history/mouth/lies/ego/etc, he'd be stage 4.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
But the other guys that used and got suspended get huge contracts from their teams, but that's OK, I guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
What are the odds that Rodriguez ties Ruth? If he doesn't, he only stands to college $6 million of the potential $30 million in milestone bonus money on his contract. To a team with a $200 million payroll, losing $6 million is a nuisance, but not a huge deal.

This is probably a move that started more out of anger and ego than out of a genuine desire to cut costs.

Members online

Latest posts