Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A-Rod could be facing lifetime ban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
If ARod gets a 65 game ban it may be career ending. I doubt he plays 65 more games for the Yankees.

Also, when would the ban start? Would he have to be on the active roster? Once the penalty is announced the Yankees could just activate him even though he isn't ready to get the ban started. Maybe the MLB will wait until he is activated to make an announcement.

Wes

OG
Administrator
If ARod gets a 65 game ban it may be career ending. I doubt he plays 65 more games for the Yankees.

Also, when would the ban start? Would he have to be on the active roster? Once the penalty is announced the Yankees could just activate him even though he isn't ready to get the ban started. Maybe the MLB will wait until he is activated to make an announcement.

Are you thinking he'll retire if he gets a 65 game ban? I can't imagine that.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I believe just for the way he handled the appeal in 2012, making disparaging remarks about the sample collector and MLB's testing program in general when he was in fact, guilty as all heck

After a day of fallout, I don't think now that this is entirely true (the "extra" 15 games). Its seems the standards of 50/100/Life suspensions are for positive tests. This case was not for any particular positive test if I'm understanding it correctly, but rather for other evidence of involvement/use. Therefore MLB sought suspension for "rest of season" whenever it was agreed to whether that was 65 games or 45 games left.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Are you thinking he'll retire if he gets a 65 game ban? I can't imagine that.

No, I doubt he would retire. I just don't think the Yankees will keep him around if he isn't producing. They knew they would be eating part of his contract; this may be more than they expected.

If he gets a ban while he is still on the DL that will give him more time to get healthy.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Just heard wfan talking about this.

Seems like he is coming back Monday and that the quad injury they recently announced isn't anything.

Also, francessa said that a roid would more than likely appeal and any suspension would happen next yr.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I think Braun should be suspended for the rest of this year & all of next year just to prove a point. He basically escaped a positive test on technicality which would have been 50 games, then this would be his 2nd offense another 100 games & for acting like such a DBag just suspend him for the whole 2014 season.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
They are both ********** but there is someone heroic people still see in Rose [the way he played with arrogance, skill, hustle, THE WILL TO WIN] while A-Roid is seen as just a big ***** [or centaur].
Which is pretty funny bc ARod hustled and busted his ass on the field just as much as Rose did.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I think Braun should be suspended for the rest of this year & all of next year just to prove a point. He basically escaped a positive test on technicality which would have been 50 games, then this would be his 2nd offense another 100 games & for acting like such a DBag just suspend him for the whole 2014 season.

Keep in mind that Braun made a deal to just get 65 games, so you can be certain the they were going after more had he not cooperated.

All indications are that ARod is not only not cooperating, but also that MLB has significantly more regarding his relationship/orders with Biogenesis than Braun. ARod is also close to some major milestone and Selig and Co. will try their best to make sure he doesn't get there. Braun has indeed flat out lied about usage in the past...but ARod has climbed on far larger pedestals proclaiming innocence and purity only to continue to slap Selig and MLB in the face.

As stated before, ARod is the crown jewel for Biogenesis and my guess is that there will be no deal that doesn't involve a dissolving of his current contract or at least a tremendous restructuring.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
as an A's fan I'm hoping Colon can dodge a suspension this year since he served a 50 game suspension last year. If he does get another suspension I hope he appeals it and can take it into next year and just retire.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
as an A's fan I'm hoping Colon can dodge a suspension this year since he served a 50 game suspension last year. If he does get another suspension I hope he appeals it and can take it into next year and just retire.

I love your logic.

Braun lied and avoided one suspension, so suspend him for 65 games PLUS an entire year, scumbag.

Colon, on your team, suspended 50 last year, on the Biogenesis list this year, but let's just pray he can appeal, continue to pitch well for your team and then retire before it hits next year.

Yep, nothing wrong with that.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I probably missed something on the Braun story, but can someone explain how it is that he gets a 65 game suspension? I mean what happened to the actual policy of 50/100/lifetime for your first three offenses? Why is it just until the end of the season?

Just my opinion, but I would assume it's b/c he blatantly lied the first time he was under the microscope. He realized the evidence against him and it was the reason he "volunteered" any info he gave. He bartered a lessen sentence.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I don't think enough people realize that A-Rod actively tried to impede MLB's investigation. He tried to buy incriminating documents to have them destroyed. If MLB had convinced the Feds to help and A-Rod tried this, he'd go to federal prison.

As it stands, a life-time ban doesn't seem that excessive. He was more than just a user, he was practically a criminal mastermind (all be it, the dumbest one).

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I don't think enough people realize that A-Rod actively tried to impede MLB's investigation. He tried to buy incriminating documents to have them destroyed. If MLB had convinced the Feds to help and A-Rod tried this, he'd go to federal prison.

As it stands, a life-time ban doesn't seem that excessive. He was more than just a user, he was practically a criminal mastermind (all be it, the dumbest one).

If Pud Selig wants to rid baseball of this. Then he should have pushed for a lifetime ban on the first offense in the CBA. But noooooo he won't want to ruin the game, since there would not be many of the stars they have in the game now. And love how he waited until after the all-star game to make the first move. Again not blowing their big money maker. Now he will wait until after the trade deadline to announce more suspensions.

He is a jack-wagon ass-hat. He needs to step down, since this is the second time this crap happened on his watch.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Which is pretty funny bc ARod hustled and busted his ass on the field just as much as Rose did.

I don't agree here. I always felt AROD played is "safe". I felt he played just enough, but was always afraid of breaking an eyelash and risking his contracted money. He reminds of Dorn in the movie Major League.

Latest posts