Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Short note about Dale Sveum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Who said the Cubs wanted Ryno? Theo? Jed? Nope. So, they are dumb because they didn't get a manager they didn't want anyways? They could have had him before for peanuts and DIDN'T offer him the job....

Again it was a joke, kind of like the Cubs organization.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
A coach in baseball is more there to be just that, a manager. Managing each and every player and how they react to different situations. Also how to treat each individual player to make sure they get the most out of that player. If I had a player that needed to be praised over and over again. I would do that if that made him a better player. What is there not to get? It is obvious Dale could not get the most out of Starlin Castro, but he will come back strong if the right person is hired and can get through to some of these primadonnas.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
They know what coach they want. He currently resides in the NYC

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Sadly, for quite some time I believe they were a joke (I hate to say it, but facts are facts). I am currently very happy with the direction the club and organization is taking. Hopefully I am not totally off base....

I like that Theo has dropped all of the dead weight. I just hope he doesn't put all of his stock in the farm system. Their payroll is low enough to where they can afford to sign some better free agents now.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the Marmol issue was the team was trying to showcase him so that could dump him on another unsuspecting team. This kind of direction usually comes from upstairs but Marmol kept spitting the bit and the "showcase" backfired. I do not think that this can be put in Sveum's lap as he was just following orders.

for 2 years in a row? sorry I was wrong I did some checking Marmol sucked for 3 years in a row. Sveum was not a motivator. I have seen more action out of a stick in the mud.

Last edited:

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Dale Sveum has been added to the KC Royals coaching staff.

He replaced Yost as interim in Milwaukee when Yost was fired in 2008.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Dale Sveum has been added to the KC Royals coaching staff.

He replaced Yost as interim in Milwaukee when Yost was fired in 2008.

I had every reason to support Sveum as he's a former Brewer. I got a chance to meet him once and....I wasn't impressed. Kind of a....."you know"....a ******.

Members online