Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 Upper Deck Special FX Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Yep, emailed them right after I posted this and they got back right away and said they'd take care of it tomorrow. I thought maybe it was one of those stock photo incidents, because I know they tend to mix up parallels and base sometimes, but this one is pretty clearly listed as the Blue.

But it's all good news, and after I calmed down a bit, I realized I had been looking for a Base version for quite a while as well, so this may turn out quite fortune. Will update when (hopefully not "if") I get the correct Blue in. I've been doing business with Burbank for 15 years so I'm not worried about them fixing it.

Where did it say it was a blue? i did read this "Please Note the Following- Many of our images are catalog photos. They are a representation of the actual card." (just wondering)

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Where did it say it was a blue? i did read this "Please Note the Following- Many of our images are catalog photos. They are a representation of the actual card." (just wondering)

It was under the picture in the item description, where they have the year/player/brand info box. It said "Set: 2006 Upper Deck Special F/X Blue"

Good news, the Blue arrived today! That 9 year search is over, thank goodness. Unfortunately, still missing the Red checklist, but still one step closer! And happy that it's the Checklist I'm missing, I'd rather finish the main rainbow than the checklist.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
It was under the picture in the item description, where they have the year/player/brand info box. It said "Set: 2006 Upper Deck Special F/X Blue"

Good news, the Blue arrived today! That 9 year search is over, thank goodness. Unfortunately, still missing the Red checklist, but still one step closer! And happy that it's the Checklist I'm missing, I'd rather finish the main rainbow than the checklist.

Wait....Burbank sent you the blue?

Thanks,
Jeff

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
After looking forever finally found a Green. Still looking for the blue

1958200_orig.jpg

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
[MENTION=5741]IUjapander[/MENTION], nice! The blue shouldn't be too hard to track down, they come along pretty frequently ;)

My current count is 14 base, 6 purple, 3 green (+2 incoming), 2 red, and 0 blue. This set makes me just buy every card I can find out of frustration over that missing blue.

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
I still need the purple and red Sandy Alomar cards. I have the green and oddly enough the blue, but can't find the more common cards.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
When do we do another box break?

Bumping this again as still need Niekro but also need some clarity-I thought I had read somewhere that the Blues were never packed out and thus the reason for their rarity. Might be confusing it with another release thou not sure...

Thanks,
Jeff

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Bumping this again as still need Niekro but also need some clarity-I thought I had read somewhere that the Blues were never packed out and thus the reason for their rarity. Might be confusing it with another release thou not sure...

Thanks,
Jeff

They come in packs, just not numbered.

Latest posts