Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PWCC Auctions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
This x 10 million.

It's no secret that all PSA (insert any numerical grade) are not created equal. What PWCC has done is ingenious. They are telling the buyers, "Hey buy this PSA __ because it is so much nicer than this other exact same grade PSA __ of the same card." In vintage cards sellers are always trying to create a buzz around their item by saying key words like "centered" or even "high end" to set them apart from their competition. It's just PWCC has taken it to another level.

To sum it all up, which of the following PSA 4's would you be willing to pay more for (assuming both backs are perfect)?

s-l225.jpg
s-l225.jpg

I would take either one, with that being said WTF is PSA doing? Not sure if the picture quality is off on the one on the left cause the right one seems to have way better color. not as centered but way more vibrant.

Last edited:

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Was looking for info on something and came across this. As long as it wasn't shilled/not paid for, it's a simple example of why if you are selling, using someone like them may be a benefit.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/2001-Upper-De...PSA-10-GEM-MINT-PWCC-/401086985885?nav=SEARCH

Sells consistently for $16 and under. This sold for $34. I know it doesn't fall under the expensive items that have been discussed but an example.

Ryan

Not to mention there are at least 5 other PSA 10s that see in the first 25 listings that are all BIN for 25 dollars or less???? I am not buying it. Either people are just plain stupid, PWCC is the geatest marketing machine out there, or a little of both. Frankly it makes zero sense............... then again their PSA 10 is the "cleanest" copy out there. Much better than the multiple other PSA 10's LOL.

Ryan, I do get your point and heck if I could use them and increase my profit by 30% I for sure see why people use em. But there auction end prices just seem strange to me. If it isnt shilling or some type of manipulation then I would be surprised. But I dont bid on any of their auctions so I just watch and continue to be dumbfounded

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
It isn't a coincidence that the shill (174 star) bid it up to $25.

Sadly it is the nature of the beast with many Consignors. They all use the line "we cant control all of our auctions" But IMO they dont even try or care. I will just say what I always say. Snipe is the ONLY way to guarantee that Your bid does not get shilled. Whether it is on an item that is with a consignor or not. Bidding high early sets yourself up for getting taken advantage of....

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
So I guess I have a question.

so far I've seen nothing really compelling in this thread that points to shady dealings.

Do you believe its ok to question the integrity of a business and perhaps impact their livelihood without really having any solid information?

I mean with probstein its all out there for us to see but in this case, nothing has really been brought to the table...I'm just wondering how any person would feel about that if it was them.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
this is a forum. It is about discussion. People can make up their own minds. In my opinion based on the FACT the majority of PWCC auctions have bidders with over 50% bidding with just them, their auctions consistently sell for 20% premiums over cards that have BIN that are cheaper, and multiple people have said that they have questioned them about their auctions and they have admittedly said they cant control what happens on all their auctions. (These three FACTS alone make me question what happens in their auctions. Not once have I said that PWCC employees are shilling the auctions just that I am suspicuous of the auctions based on the above. (All of which are similar issues with Probtein). I have every right to question what I see as at a minimum not attempting to keep a close eye on their own auctions and the questionavle bidding. It is an opinion. You yourself are on here all the time insulting a certain group of peoples integrity in other threads/topics with nothing more than your opinion. It is their livelihood too. Is that right? Do you have unquestionable proof wth the rhetoric you throw out? Please dont come on here trying to pull the high and mighty card. . coming from you it comes across very flat.

So my question if you believe you should be able to question a seller just because you have a feeling comes off as high and mighty?

Since this is a topic in the regular area of the boards, I'm not sure why you'd discuss what is happening in areas others aren't interested in. you seem defensive over what was a fairly simple question that you could have answered with some civility...

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Well I was hoping to bid on an auction but then when I saw the seller I figure watching would be more enjoyable.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Leaf-R...843387?hash=item51e38a4fbb:g:PlwAAOSwubRXEo7T
I guess bidding 11 times in $6 increments over 2 minutes til you hit the top bidders max is common place. OH and then realizing all you need is one more bid and you would win for 4 more dollars, but I guess you didn't want the item that bad.

I find it even more laughable that these guys put this in their description.[h=3]Auction Integrity[/h]Auction integrity is our #1 priority. Collectors deserve an auction forum they can trust. The sportscard hobby hinges on the honesty and integrity of the seller. Too often we hear of fraud and other manipulation that serves to undermine the integrity of our hobby. Bidders deserve better, where bidding is 100% legitimate and uninfluenced by manipulations such as fraudulent (shill) bidding by the auction house, consignors, friends of consignors, friends of the auction house, or anyone else who participates insincerely with the sole intention of manipulating the sale price. We do NOT permit shill bidding of any kind and actively police our auctions to prevent such acts from occurring. If we learn that a bidder is questionable, we take action in the form of canceling the bid and blocking a bidder from participating in future auctions.

Turning a blind eye and NOT PERMITING are not the same thing in my book. But oh well.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I'm not an expert on their work habits but I have been told they are active in blocking shill bidders. Could be that one (or a few) slipped through the cracks? It's not like these were close to the "bug ticket" items he often has up. Obviously wouldn't make shilling more OK, but it might make it more likely to slip through the cracks.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
[MENTION=9589]mrdallas[/MENTION], I understand the things you have brought up regarding strange bidding habits on some of their listings. But don't you think it is counter productive if your trying to discard PWCC and their integrity if in the past week or so, you actually recommended them as consignors to use to members on these boards... It's not a fight I'm trying to pick, but if you think they lack integrity and have been calling them out, regardless of the #s they bring, why would you vocally recommend them?

I get that the buying (possibly competing with shill bids) and selling (possibly maximizing your cards value) are two different sides, but if you think they lack integrity, then I can't see a reason to promote them, regardless of reason.

Ryan

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Ryan, I get the contradiction, But in regards to the OP and why I said I would send to PWCC for the OPs card is he was asking the best way to promote his card and get the highest value.

Whether or not I feel PWCC turns a blind eye on what I see as shilling by the people who consign to them the OP will get the most money (probably 25% or more) for his card there than anywhere else. And on a card like that it would not take any shill bidding to achieve that and would/should be a legitimate auction because of the amount of attention it will bring.

The OP asked for the best way to promote and sell the card and my personal feeling towards PWCC should not prevent him from making the most money he can on that card. And considering every card sells for huge premiums there I cant think of anyone else who can match it at this time.

Last edited: