Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Small Traditions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jan 14, 2015
New Jersey
Has anyone ever bought anything from them on auction? I just used them for the first and probably last time as they don't close extended time until all of their auctions don't receive any bids after 15 minutes, not just the auction that you are bidding on. So I lost out on an item because over an hour after the last bid on it was placed someone then outbid me. I'm not even sure what's the point of extended bidding in this instance. Seems ridiculous that I have to watch an auction for hours just to see if any more bids are going to be made - especially since the auction starts going into extended time at 11 pm est.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I've never used them but I agree extended time is stupid from a buyer's point of view. I find it aggravating and mostly avoid places that use it unless it's an item I can't find elsewhere.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yes an extension on all items is definitely aggravating from a buyers side. I understand extensions on the item for some time until it receives no bids for 30 mins or so, but on that item only, not the entire amount of lots. Sorry man.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I posted this Before in a thread
http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/showthread.php/146737-Anyone-work-with-Small-traditions

Then this shows up 6 days after my initial post above
http://www.smalltraditions.com/unreal_1998_donruss_preferred_precious_metals__9_d-lot14467.aspx

Sell again!!!

Then this pops up and sold July 16 this year. I matched the serial numbers and they are the same BGS 10
http://www.smalltraditions.com/unreal_1998_donruss_preferred_precious_metals__9_d-lot20770.aspx

(The last one is legit because I know they buyer)

You can make up your mind how one seller can sell the same card 4 times.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2010
I was outbid on two 1/1s in their Spring Training auction. One of the cards later showed up on eBay and I won it for 1/6 of the auction's closing price! I agree the extended time is annoying.

Jan 14, 2015
New Jersey
Yes an extension on all items is definitely aggravating from a buyers side. I understand extensions on the item for some time until it receives no bids for 30 mins or so, but on that item only, not the entire amount of lots. Sorry man.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Thanks Ryan. It's annoying because I really wanted the card but wasn't go to stay up for hours watching it. I've bought from many auctions before where it's extended until there is no more bids on that item but never until there is no more bids on everything in the auction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
I've bought from SmallTraditions plenty of times in the past. I've even spoken to the owner on the phone. It's a fine service.