Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If you are a player collector, what TYPE of player collector are you ?

What type of player collector are you

• Collect only with the 'home' team and then stop when they're traded or sign elsewhere

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Just pick up certain types of cards (patches, 1/1's, auto's, serial #'d parallel's, etc)

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Go bonkers and get whatever I can, within my budget

Votes: 38 71.7%
  • Just pick up stuff that appeals to my eyes and am satisfied with that

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I pick up what I like but mainly focus on cards pre-2001. There are couple exceptions where I've gone for completion like 05 Donruss champions and 05 playoff prestige. I used to buy everything but it became a chore and less of a hobby.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I once collected all cards of ARod but realized I needed to set a goal since he has a billion cards. Now I only collect his cards 1993-1999. Does anyone need a bunch of Alex cards from 2000 and beyond?

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I once collected all cards of ARod but realized I needed to set a goal since he has a billion cards. Now I only collect his cards 1993-1999. Does anyone need a bunch of Alex cards from 2000 and beyond?
[MENTION=9071]Enfuego79[/MENTION], I think, collects Arod.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I would love to go bonkers, but my funds allow me to go, um, nowhere near bonkers. I get what I can, when I can, as cheap as humanly possible.

kmaese24

Jan 2, 2014
New Mexico
I collect Barry Bonds and have been since the mid/late 90's. When I was young it was whatever I pulled from packs. After I got a little income I started buying lots when ever I found them. Beckett trading has been good to me, grew my collection to over 1100. My LCS has a binder that I think I am the only one who goes through it, he also puts aside any high end or oddball stuff that comes through for me. I haven't gone crazy yet with the game used and SN#'d stuff, I'm still skeptical on GU stuff, unless its Bonds I usually trade it off. I'm still looking/saving up to make my first purchase of a Bond Auto, one of the only pieces missing from my collection thus far. I do shop on a budget, buying $20-$30 worth of cards at a time plus supplies for storage. It seems to keep my Bonds fix at ease and I also build sets using blasters and the occasional hobby box which seems to statisfy my pack ripping addiction and gets me trade bait for more Bonds stuff.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Adam Dunn - Only pack-pulled autos (over 100 different auto cards and growing) and, when there's a blue moon and I'm feeling frisky, an amazing game-used card.

Last edited:

danboone2006

May 22, 2010
Cleveland OH
I mainly collect Indians stuff but decided to hoard Tony Wolters after I targeted him for the Indians to draft. I only really like his 2011 Bowman cards, I've picked up other stuff here and there but I kind of decided to get as many of the 2011 autos as I can. I think I hit the 300 auto mark a while ago.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Anything that I can get my hands on with Bonds' likeness. Cards is my main focus but I love collecting it all from bobbles, posters, magazines, newspapers, pins, etc. I really appreciate the oddballs items just as much as autos and GU if not even more.

eltoro2012

Nov 3, 2013
I try to pick up any Gaylord Perry's I can find but I never go over my personal budget. Unless it is a 1/1, I don't like to spend too much for any given card.

May 10, 2013
I was out of the hobby from 1993 till last year and things have gotten so expensive and saturated it was near impossible to fill in all the Nolans that i got behind on. So I thought that I'd simply collect Yu Darvish. He's only finished two seasons and he's got the anomaly of having years of Japanese cards to dig into, but not fell obligated to. I've decided not to even dabble in other players and devote all my time an available resources to collecting Yu! Currently, as of last count, I have over 650 different Darvish cards, out of a possible 1260 total cards (according ti Beckett), and I'm beginning to try lighten my load and part with any duplicated that I've accumulated. So if you're looking for Darvish, let me know! In my personal collection of 650+ card, which is excluding duplicates, I have 240+ #-ed , 100+ relics, 25+ plates/patches/silk/coins, and 12 autos. Again, if you're looking for Yu or looking to rid yourself of Yu, get in touch!

Members online

Latest posts