Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

97' ud cc Barry Bonds Crash the Game "Instant Winner"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TooTall

Mar 31, 2016
Sup guys and gals, I recently pulled out my tub of cards from when I was younger. Came across a Barry Bonds card that said instant winner on it. I remember getting all the crash the game cards back in the day, but as a 12 year old I overlooked it. I never sent the card in. I've been searching for a few days and can not find one of these cards anywhere. Seen a couple of other players, but have yet to see a Barry bonds one. Apparently the odds were over 700 per pack, and most people sent them in causing the actual instant winner card to be even more rare...

Anybody out there that can give me some insight on this card would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to find any type of value for it. Can only find people talking about how rare they are. Also I'm in the process of going through the boxes and boxes of cards I have. Mostly all from early 90's up to 2005/06. Most of my cards are baseball until around 2000 and I switched to hardcore basketball.

If any of you are interested in trying to get complete sets of cards from this era I can most likely help you out. I was one of those kids who refused to get rid of any card regardless of its value, I kept them all. I honestly don't even know where to begin in organizing them there is so many. Any tips and or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if there are any collectors searching for cards from this era and I'll do my best to try and dig what I can out to help with your collection.

But most importantly this Barry bonds card... From what I've read this thing is rare. Any information about it would help as well. Seeing all these cards has me feeling that itch to start collecting again! Thanks for your time hope to hear from someone soon!

I'll throw up a picture of it if people show interest or just wanna see it let me know! Thanks again.

TooTall

Mar 31, 2016
Thank you kindly! I'm at school right now, as soon as I get home I'll throw up a picture of it

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Best bet is to advertise it around the boards and then toss it on ebay (if you are looking to sell it). If enough people know about it, want it and see it, you could have an insane price through a bidding war. If you are concerned about maintaining a certain value, you can set a reserve, but those tend to turn some buyers off. I imagine the market will decide what it is worth, but the risk you always face is that the right people won't see it at the right time. This is rare, but it can happen.

TooTall

Mar 31, 2016
Isnt there a Bonds collector here? Cant remember his username

Thanks for all the input, I think I do wanna sell it I'm just worried about letting it go to cheap being so rare... I saw th thread of users that collect certain players. I sent the 3 Barry bonds collectors a message I haven't heard back from them yet. Thanks again, I think I'll just keep trying to spread it around the internet so people have the chance to see it before I do anything with it.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I'd give $60 and I don't even collect Bonds. Obviously, it's a tough card to gauge value with no one having any documented sales history. But I'd probably guess $100 to $150. Maybe the Bonds guys on here (if there is still any on fcb) can chime in. The rare Bonds stuff still can command a decent price point.

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
I'd guess 80-100. My '98 Manny recently sold at auction for around 95.

Edit: for what it's worth the 97 is a much cooler looking card than the 98. Not sure how the rarity compares, though.

Last edited:

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
There is some value here for sure.. drop it on Ebay describe it well and highlight its rarity.. player collectors should already know but you may draw other interest as well.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I say put it up for a pretty high, almost crazy Buy It Now price and field offers for 7 days. Relist it if it doesn't sell for another 7 days. After that, drop it to a $0.99 auction and let it ride. You'll have 2 solid weeks of people's searches bouncing off it for the BIN, plus another week of searching on the auction.

Set the high BIN at like $199.99. I imagine if it was hit at that point, you can't really complain.

Edit: don't start a new listing each time, restart the same auction. I think you can even decide to go from BIN directly to auction. That way, and and all watchers you pick up will still see it in their "watched Listing" feed.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
.99 Sunday to Sunday auction starting at 10pm. Player collectors search non stop for these type of cards it will get seen. Usually BIN/BO is a waste of time.

There was 3 99 finest Griffey gold refractors listed in a lot for $600. Didn't sell. Lowered to $550, didn't sell. At $550 I knew that was a great deal but didn't have the money. They then where listed for .99 and brough over $200 each ( I think combined $700 something)

also $199 isn't crazy high, you never knew who wants something like this.

Members online

Latest posts