Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would this be "wrong" to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
You have a couple of non certified star IP auto cards and put them out for sale and offered a full refund (purchase price only!) if they came back "bad"....would this NOT be acceptable?

Keep in mind this would NOT be on eBay, only at a show or LCS.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
You have a couple of non certified star IP auto cards and put them out for sale and offered a full refund (purchase price only!) if they came back "bad"....would this NOT be acceptable?

wouldn't be acceptable because you'd take the money and split! ;)

Seriously, if I know where to find you and don't have to hire a bounty hunter to find you, it seems fine that I can come back and get a refund from you if they are fake. I just would likely give you cents to a dime on a normal dollar for the autos since I would have to have them authenticated out of my pocket.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
So here's the flip....

I have all confidence that these two are legit, got them from the same dealer as the Kershaw I recently got certed.

But what if the Johnson, for whatever reason, came back "bad", would the buyer have a beef with me because he "wasted" his $30 or whatever on the cert fee?

Edited: both came back authentic

Attachments

• 1415420029231.jpg
    1415420029231.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
The potential down side is, even though you know they are good, you're still relying on someone at the grading/authentication company to "determine" whether or not they are good. None of those companies is exactly batting 1.000.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
There is nothing wrong with that. I have sold a few IP autos that I knew were legit because I was the one who got them signed. Now, a buyer shouldn't trust me on that, but I was selling them with confidence and offered a refund if a TPA turned them down. I had a couple of buyers ask if I would also refund the cert fee, and my answer was "Hell no!" The choice to get an opinion on the auto is the buyer's, not mine/yours. As I've heard it stated on net54, you should be willing to pay for your own mistakes, but not somebody else's.

parsetdx

Apr 15, 2009
Philly
If you spend the $30 to cert them, how much does it increase the value for which you can sell them? You won't break even?

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
If you spend the $30 to cert them, how much does it increase the value for which you can sell them? You won't break even?

This is what I would go with. Spending the extra money to get them authenticated usually increases the sell value enough to cover that cost and then some. Most IP autos that are not, usually do not sell for much at all because of the questions behind them being fake or not. As a buyer, I have bought a few that were not authenticated as a means to lower my purchase cost but they then were authenticated shortly after. Otherwise I would not want them in my personal collection.

Members online