Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leaf Threads... get yo pitch forks ready

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Not sure what happened, but once I posted it went from bash Leaf to bash me lol lol

What a turn of events lol

This is meant in a constructive manner because I genuinely think you have something to contribute to the boards in general, but...your showing in that thread was dismal, dude. You started out just repeating things people had already said without adding anything, and ended up not comprehending things that had been said multiple times while talking about stuff you don't know anything about. You don't need to post every time a thought enters your head (see your HAHA post in this thread), please stop to think about whether you are adding something to the discussion or saying anything that might be genuinely interesting/funny/helpful to somebody other than yourself. You have issues with coming off like a 12-year-old sometimes that you need to work on.

Richard

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Honestly, the fact that they are taking flack for that rize thing surprises me.

Maybe if he just said straight-up what was going and added a "big-whoop", there would be no flack. And acting like people can't use Leaf in the title for cards with the word Leaf on them? Come on. A company and it's spokesperson should stand behind everything they do, not try and distance themselves from it like BG did in that topic. Own it or don't do it at all.

Last edited:

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Threads about leaf products will be moved to the proper forum starting now.

You may flame me now.

Flamethrower.gif

This is meant in a constructive manner because I genuinely think you have something to contribute to the boards in general, but...your showing in that thread was dismal, dude. You started out just repeating things people had already said without adding anything, and ended up not comprehending things that had been said multiple times while talking about stuff you don't know anything about. You don't need to post every time a thought enters your head (see your HAHA post in this thread), please stop to think about whether you are adding something to the discussion or saying anything that might be genuinely interesting/funny/helpful to somebody other than yourself. You have issues with coming off like a 12-year-old sometimes that you need to work on.

Richard

Uhh ok then

Not sure why everyone esle can post a stupid comment once in a while but I cant...but its ok lol

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Uhh ok then

Not sure why everyone esle can post a stupid comment once in a while but I cant...but its ok lol
I could be way off here but even though (or because haha) you have 400 posts you have only been here a month. Is there a post count contest i am not aware of?
I think you just need to chill a bit and think before you post as many have already said.

I could be way off here but even though (or because haha) you have 400 posts you have only been here a month. Is there a post count contest i am not aware of?
I think you just need to chill a bit and think before you post as many have already said.

Hmm lets think this through...

I joined on Novemeber 1st, 2012, It is now December 20, 2012

There are 30 days in November, and so far there are 20 days in Decemeber. That means I have been here a total of 50 days. Divide 400 posts x 50 days, and that equals an average of 8 posts a day :) I dont see that as being too many :)

Thank you :)

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I'd like to get back on topic. The reason many of us frequent FCB is to freely engage in conversation about the hobby and most of these conversations discuss the products and practices of trading card manufacturers such as Topps, Panini, Upper Deck, and Leaf. If a manufacturer has the ability to control the discussion regarding its products on FCB, an open forum to freely discuss that manufacturer no longer exists. I suppose it will be up to each individual member here to decide whether this is an acceptable turn of events.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
When other people do or say something stupid they catch grief for it, just like you.

This is true, we all get it every once and a while. It happens to everyone, so just collect yourself before you blurt out crap. That will be the easiest way to avoid ridicule. Also keep an open mind about things, and remember that just because you don't like something, there are others that may.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I'd like to get back on topic. The reason many of us frequent FCB is to freely engage in conversation about the hobby and most of these conversations discuss the products and practices of trading card manufacturers such as Topps, Panini, Upper Deck, and Leaf. If a manufacturer has the ability to control the discussion regarding its products on FCB, an open forum to freely discuss that manufacturer no longer exists. I suppose it will be up to each individual member here to decide whether this is an acceptable turn of events.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Hmm lets think this through...

I joined on Novemeber 1st, 2012, It is now December 20, 2012

There are 30 days in November, and so far there are 20 days in Decemeber. That means I have been here a total of 50 days. Divide 400 posts x 50 days, and that equals an average of 8 posts a day :) I dont see that as being too many :)

Thank you :)

This isn't blowout, dude. We don't put up with people acting like childish idiots very well here. If you can be a childish idiot and sound smart while doing it, then that's another story. lol

Last edited:

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

If the discussion includes information that the manufacturer deems as being slander then the manufacturer has two options. Neither option is good for the community.

You can still say XXXXty things about leaf. You can still have discussions about leaf.

You can call them whatever you want. Just know that it might be moderated.

If the moderation gets out of hand and they start changing posts or censoring ticky tack stuff I will pull the plug on it.

I can be reached via PM or the FCB IM system and I am monitoring this site pretty much all day.

Last edited:

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota

I am in agreement with you that we should be able to freely discuss topics of any nature, but I think what they are doing is a good idea. The leaf threads just turn into really ugly displays of charactor within just a few pages. This is disappointing for such a great forum, but it happens. Some of the threads just turn into these endless flame arguments that always lead to personal charactor attacks and I'm all for whatever can help limit that. I think it will help some members leave with their dignity in tact before the thread gets out of hand.

Members online

Latest posts