Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew - June 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I was hoping the Braves would get an easy sweep against the O's but nope...lost 2 out of 3. Then they lost 2 out of 3 against the worst team in the NL (Reds). Yet they still have a 2.5 game lead over the Phils in the NL East. Grabbing a wild card spot in the AL looks a helluva lot tougher than the NL. The Mariners have a .622 winning percentage and still 3 games back in their division and even further from a wild card spot.

4 teams in the AL with a .600+ winning percentage & zero in the NL.

Nelson Cruz has been on my dynasty fantasy league team since it began 4 years ago and he's been my most consistent hitter throughout it all. In fact, he may be the only player I've held onto who was on my original roster in 2015.

Great pick, in that time span nobody has hit more HR than Cruz.

Yeah Im not too sure who is going to win the NL pennant. All the teams kind of suck... it will come down to the trade deadline probably.

You are right though. . . even when the Mariners are lucky they are unlucky. On pace to win 100 games and it will get them only the 2nd wild card which they will lose. The balance reminds me of 2003 when the Ms won 93 games and didn't make playoffs but the 91 win Marlins beat the 80something Cubs and then somehow won it all. :confused:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Crazy game in Philly. 19 year old phenom Juan Soto is 3-for-4 with a HR & 2 RBI. Anthony Rendon is 3-for-4 with a HR, 2 doubles 3 runs scored & 3 RBI, Trea Turner is 2-for-3 with a HR, walk & 2 RBI and some dude hitting .221 (******, Herper, Harpoon...can't remember his name) is 1-for-3 with a HR & 3 RBI. Nats are winning 12-5 in the 7th. I guess it goes without saying that it ain't always sunny in Philadelphia.

Great pick, in that time span nobody has hit more HR than Cruz.

Yeah Im not too sure who is going to win the NL pennant. All the teams kind of suck... it will come down to the trade deadline probably.

You are right though. . . even when the Mariners are lucky they are unlucky. On pace to win 100 games and it will get them only the 2nd wild card which they will lose. The balance reminds me of 2003 when the Ms won 93 games and didn't make playoffs but the 91 win Marlins beat the 80something Cubs and then somehow won it all. :confused:

And that one game playoff death match is no fun. I speak from experience as a Braves fan. That infield fly rule still haunts me to this day. You play an entire 162 game season and are lucky/skilled enough to make it to the playoffs you deserve at least a 3 game series...this ain't football.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Crazy game in Philly. 19 year old phenom Juan Soto is 3-for-4 with a HR & 2 RBI. Anthony Rendon is 3-for-4 with a HR, 2 doubles 3 runs scored & 3 RBI, Trea Turner is 2-for-3 with a HR, walk & 2 RBI and some dude hitting .221 (******, Herper, Harpoon...can't remember his name) is 1-for-3 with a HR & 3 RBI. Nats are winning 12-5 in the 7th. I guess it goes without saying that it ain't always sunny in Philadelphia.

And that one game playoff death match is no fun. I speak from experience as a Braves fan. That infield fly rule still haunts me to this day. You play an entire 162 game season and are lucky/skilled enough to make it to the playoffs you deserve at least a 3 game series...this ain't football.

Yeah baseball is a volatile enough game that 1 game playoffs is nonsense... imo 5 game playoffs are pretty bad too. I think thats the main reason I don't watch as much as I used to. 15 years ago or so I would watch 180 or so full games per year, I was obsessed!! Now I watch about 3-5 full games and just keep up with the stats/highlights. Sadly the chess championship of the F'ing world went the same path, ending in little blitz games to decide things. :confused:

Bryce "****** harpoon" Harper? Neva heard of her. ;)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
The only thing you can do about it is root for the #1 seed WC team and then if they win pretend the whole thing never happened.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
evening. if anyone sees or knows the whereabouts I'm looking for the 2018 stadium club haniger variations. so far I've been able to snag the members only (1 per case) and photographers choice (1 every 2 cases)

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Hey [MENTION=12485]JVHaste[/MENTION] what is up with these bomba$$ uniforms they are wearing at the M's game tonight!?! Nelson Cruz is looking cut with that no sleeves uni. I'm digging it! It's a mix of futuristic & retro...#mindblown

Time to sound off the....

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
It was almost as ugly as the Padres real uniforms 20 years ago... almost ugly enough to wear 24/7.

I noticed the scoreboard had real games and Neptune vs Pluto which was a scary blowout. Looks like they are a powerhouse in the 20s.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Braves swept the Cards WOOHOO!!!! Next up New York...I am not looking forward to that series. The last time we faced the Yankees we were annihilated and that team didn't even have Judge or Stanton in the lineup.

It was almost as ugly as the Padres real uniforms 20 years ago... almost ugly enough to wear 24/7.

I noticed the scoreboard had real games and Neptune vs Pluto which was a scary blowout. Looks like they are a powerhouse in the 20s.

Did UrAnus get a pounding last night? All this interstellar $hit has got me thinking of Battlestar Gallactica...I'm gonna have to rewatch the entire series....again.

I must be the only one who loved those kick ass futuristic get-ups. I wanna steal one of them unis to have for myself. I'd be the coolest kid on the block for once.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Braves swept the Cards WOOHOO!!!! Next up New York...I am not looking forward to that series. The last time we faced the Yankees we were annihilated and that team didn't even have Judge or Stanton in the lineup.

Did UrAnus get a pounding last night? All this interstellar $hit has got me thinking of Battlestar Gallactica...I'm gonna have to rewatch the entire series....again.

I must be the only one who loved those kick ass futuristic get-ups. I wanna steal one of them unis to have for myself. I'd be the coolest kid on the block for once.

I wonder if the team store will sell those unis?
Gl with the Yanks, they have made the other team look like Uranus most of the year, on pace to break the HR record by the Ms team that had Griffey, Buhner, Martinez, Arod, Sorrento etc.

Its July btw, I shall give you the honor of making the new thread, I have done it a few times already.