Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
You ever see any pop, let me know. I don't have any of the variations.

The whole 1998 Finest set is full of these pain in the ass variations. It's been discussed somewhere on the board in detail a while back, there are potentially a half dozen or so variations of base cards, No-Protectors, and both types of Refractors. COMC often has a few hiding; I know I picked up a Mystery Finest dual Nomar non-marked Refractor there a few years back.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Okay let's break the silence now that all the dudes auctions are over... Who all participated in the god damn feeding frenzy?! Haha

eBay ID: samho_samho

Some freaking just incredible stuff. Must have sold $100k worth of cards. Fun to just go down his completed listings.

For the record I got the Belle Red Crusade ;)

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Okay let's break the silence now that all the dudes auctions are over... Who all participated in the god damn feeding frenzy?! Haha

Some freaking just incredible stuff. Must have sold $100k worth of cards. Fun to just go down his completed listings.

I got outbid on the Ruth cut (by about $3,000 LOL). I wanted a Crusade Red, but the only guy he had that I collected was Mo Vaughn. The most I've ever spent on a Mo Vaughn card is $18, so I couldn't see paying more than the $160 I bid on the Crusade Red.

He had a ton of GREAT stuff, just nothing that fell into the category of something I reeeeeeeeeeeeally wanted.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Never realized the Score Rules Jumbos were so tough. I've seen a Griffey for sale for $25 for MONTHS. Finally pulled the trigger.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014

I bid $300 on the Thome got outbid. Didn't want it that bad to make sure I won.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
I may regret it but tried not getting carried away on the Giambi and Tejada. Came away with neither. It seems like a single buyer drove most of them up to a floor that didn't leave much margin.

spcollector

Nov 11, 2009
Couple of recent pickups for my 90s Collection:
GriffeyInserts_zps0b815c5e.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It seems like a single buyer drove most of them up to a floor that didn't leave much margin.

This this this

Some of the bidding on the Red Belle seemed like funny business but I'm sure it was legit.

I definitely think a single guy was out the bidding a lot of it up. Some cards ended for the exact same amount. Like I think three Reds ended at $189 which is odd.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
This this this

Some of the bidding on the Red Belle seemed like funny business but I'm sure it was legit.

I definitely think a single guy was out the bidding a lot of it up. Some cards ended for the exact same amount. Like I think three Reds ended at $189 which is odd.

I didn't mean to suggest shenanigans. Simply someone was after reds with indifference to player selection leaving no "deals" to fall thru.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I had a strong bid on the Bonds red crusade, but was outbid in the final 3 seconds. Was SAM breaking a set? Seems he had an awful lot of them.

He used to be px23. I bought 50% of my Griffey collection from him. He had listed like 20 5k Jordan's in the last along with a ton of every other super rare 90s inserts. Would love to see his collection! I know he's got a few Griffeys nobody prob has ever seen. That Ruth went for 10k!

Kid4hof03

Jan 10, 2014
Burlington, NJ

I got the Bernie Red Crusade, nice to cross it off the list

Members online

Latest posts