Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Does it appear there is more to this than just our resident collector picking up his needs? If there are multiple people in play putting up that much moolah for common diffractors, then I need to check my expectations.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
This just in:p The only one I have.

juan_picture.php

juan_picture.php

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Anyone know the actual printed run of these diffractiors?

No, and it's impossible to know.

Now you can take some estimates or perhaps even "known" production runs and extrapolate that out to get a best guess, but questions still linger. Like how are there hot boxes? If there is a pattern with no diffractors, then what does that say about print runs of other patterns and can we assume print runs between patterns are equal? Stuff like that.

The market is beyond caring about print runs at this point and is just fueled by collectability, perceived rarity, reputation in the hobby, etc. Which is actually pretty cool that we as collectors and as a market are dictating the prices rather than allowing ourselves to be manipulated by a numbered foil stamp on a card. But then uncool once you can't afford them LOL

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Thanks to Rich, Matt, and Ebay, I got 4 Thome patterns in this month (Aug.) after getting none earlier this year. Down to needing just 3 more to finish the set. They are: 17, 24, 90

Thanks for looking!

Members online