Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Take out or leave in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I recently got this Matt Harvey auto in from eBay and it has the Topps sticker sealing the top loader.
6989cf4243b7967121e98136cb4ea8d8.jpg

Is there any reason to keep the sticker intact and the auto in the top loader that it came in? I’m assuming this was a redemption, cuz isn’t that how they come? Is there any benefit to keeping it in the top loader with the sticker?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Take it out! I use toploaders for my Mariano's and I always put new cards in new toploaders. Even stuff that comes encased already like Topps Dynasty.

Scott F

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
There is no specific reason I can think of to keep it in but I always take mine out so I can put it in a new toploader with a clean sleeve but that is just a personal preference of mine.

If you are asking if it may effect the present or future value of the card if you take it out, it does not. And their top loaders aren't any better or worse at protecting the condition of the card than the ones we use.

Take it out! I use toploaders for my Mariano's and I always put new cards in new toploaders. Even stuff that comes encased already like Topps Dynasty.

Scott F

As do I but the lone exception for me are the Dynasty autos and that's only because I like the way they look in it. :D

Now, if the case is cracked then I'd take it out but that hasn't happened to me yet.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I leave them on. Put it in a team bag. To me it keeps the originality of the card. If it was a redemption. I put the redemption card in a top load and put it in the same team bag and then back in side the bubbler mailer with the invoice from topps.

juan_picture.php

juan_picture.php

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The only possible reason I can think of to leave it in the original top loader would be to affect the value or rather the perception that it may affect the value of the card down the road. I don't see that being something that would realistically happen, but then again you never know. A few people may assign it a premium and next thing you know, it's the norm.

I have removed all of my redemptions from these holders, peeled the sticker, cleaned up the top loader and reused it (where I use toploaders still).

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I keep all mine on. I don't know why just do. I guess it shows the card has not been touched buy anyone but the factory....

johnwvideo

Feb 11, 2015
JW

I recently got this Matt Harvey auto in from eBay and it has the Topps sticker sealing the top loader.
6989cf4243b7967121e98136cb4ea8d8.jpg

Is there any reason to keep the sticker intact and the auto in the top loader that it came in? I’m assuming this was a redemption, cuz isn’t that how they come? Is there any benefit to keeping it in the top loader with the sticker?

Yes ! Value will be higher if you ever decide to sell it

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I almost always leave cards in their original factory condition. It it's part of a set I really care about, like a 2011 Museum, I'll take it out to put in the same type of holder as all the others. Or if the case isn't pinched shut to keep it from touching the sticker, or if it's pinched too hard, I'll take it out. But with some rando card I'll leave it as it is.

Members online

Latest posts