Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2007 Leaf Just Vault w/Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
Hey all. I ordered some Just Vault from Leaf, and am 2 boxes into my break. I need help identifying a card. Before I get to that,... I am pretty pleased so far. For those not familiar with the stuff. You get a sealed box of 2007 Just Rookies plus a bunch of Buybacks and a Leaf card. The buybacks are all numbered and you get multiple #1 /1's prer box. First box I had a few decent hits..... and this little gem:
Longo #1 /1
JMGoldLongo1_zps4ee910fa.jpg

JMGoldLongo2_zps82469125.jpg

Next box was a little stranger. A nice McCutchen Auto #/25 from the buybacks:
JMBlackAutoMcCutchen1_zpsa283d588.jpg

JMBlackAutoMcCutchen2_zpsbe15cf27.jpg

and this thing #1 /2. I searched the OPG and nothing mentioned about this card. Anyone have any ideas?
JMDualAuto1_zpse1558b35.jpg

JMDualAuto2_zpsb96185a9.jpg

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
I recall Brian Gray stating some of the cards in this product were never released in previous Just products, hence the "vault" part. That dual is possibly one of them. BTW this is technically a 2013 product, despite most of the cards being 2007/2008;).

I bought 2 cases, and opened 4 boxes so far. A few good names (McCutchen, Bumgarner, Teheran), some decent names (Parnell, Moustakas, Frazier, Tabata, Detwiler), and a bunch of scrubs/no names (Yung Chi Chen, Jack McGeary, Cale Iorg, Colin Balester, Andrew Miller, et al). All my buyback autos so far are singles. I'm not opening the 2007 boxes that come inside, since there's only about 4 autos worth more than $2 in those.

Not sure if I'll open the rest or just sell them sealed and get what I can, since I don't see a whole lot of value so far.

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
Thanks for all the insight. The odd thing is the dual was in a sealed box of 2007 just rookies.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
Per the outside of the vault outer box.... avg of 22 autos per box.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Thanks for all the insight. The odd thing is the dual was in a sealed box of 2007 just rookies.

That's indeed odd. Since it's 1/2, this may be the first one to surface, so until now it was believed that it didn't exist?

Guys, do the just minors inner box have 8 autos? So 20 autos total?

The 2007 Just Minors box states 12 autos on the outside of the box. I got 10 "buyback" autos in 3 of the 4 outer "vault" boxes I opened, while one only had 9 autos.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
FWIW, sadly, both are failed Phillies prospects. Moose Mattair is a 3b in the Reds system, in AA, but as they say, not getting any younger. Savery is a reliever in the Phils organization bouncing between the majors and AAA, with a his hottest streak 2-3 years ago when he was actually hitting .450 or so for High A Clearwater, but not exactly a prospect.

He was originally a pitcher, converted to OF, back to a pitcher.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
McCutchen should have had a sticker on the back

Longoria is a heck of a hit for this product

Members online