Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Donruss factory set coming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

Don’t call it a comeback — but it is.

Panini America is offering its 2014 Donruss release in factory set form and a second boxed set as well — 2014 Donruss The Rookies.

Both are scheduled to start arriving next Wednesday (Nov. 19) but both are available now for pre-ordering on iCollectPanini.com.

The Donruss factory set includes 356 cards — 255 standardXcards from this year’s Series 1 and Series 2 releases along with none Rated Rookies Materials card or one The Rookies Signature Update per set. Also included will be 60 Diamond Kings and 40 Rated Rookies, which were a tad shorter-printed in wax pack form. The set is $35.

The Rookies set is an online-exclusive release for $25, and it includes 101 cards — all The Rookies cards from Series 1 and 2 as well as a selection ofXThe Rookies Update cards and one on-card rookie autograph. There will be Rookie Signatures Update Rookie Tickets for those who sign as well as an unsigned version for Yankees pitcher Masahiro Tanaka.

Signing for the The Rookies Signatures cards will beXNick Castellanos, Kolten Wong, Jose AbreuXandXGeorge Springer.XSigning for Rookie TicketXcards will beXJose Abreu, Xander Bogaerts, Gregory Polanco, George Springer, Yordano Ventura, Mookie Betts, Arismendy Alcantra, Jake Marisnick, Jon SingletonXandXNick Castellanos.X(These lists may not be complete as a formal checklist was not re

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Dammit! And this has been hell for me to build and the card shop has had none so I've busted more retail than I care to admit trying to put it together. This kind of irks me! I wish to hell they'd just release everything in factory set form from now on. That way I could just buy the set, buy some random singles of my choosing, and call it a day.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Wow, this is pretty damn crappy on Panini's part. Totally undercuts the value of the cases and singles and sets and inserts from the actual release. I did really well on case breaks of both Series and now this destroys the DK and RR values.

kerryfan5

Sep 17, 2012
Ohio thourgh Dickinson, N.D.
Ok so panini does a factory set and it ruins the cards prices? While Topps does factory sets and it had value? Get off Panini's back. They are trying something different and it is a very low end product. If it was National Treasures or a mid level product understand, but not with donruss.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Ok so panini does a factory set and it ruins the cards prices? While Topps does factory sets and it had value? Get off Panini's back. They are trying something different and it is a very low end product. If it was National Treasures or a mid level product understand, but not with donruss.
Um, yes, it does. Topps doesn't SP two of the major components of the boxes (DK and RR) and then turns around and releases them with the base set. In a case of 16 boxes you couldn't easily put together 2 DK sets and 3 RR sets in Donruss, but you'd have 13-15 base sets. Think about that ratio and now how it's 1:1:1 in the factory sets. I'd be pissed if I was a buyer of the first run of those SPs.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011

I love panini products, especially this one.

Last edited:

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I love panini stuff, rarely ever on their backs.

But if I spent the money and time putting together the base set WITH SHORT PRINTS, I wouldn't be happy with this set for sure.

Now maybe the cards will be marked in some way, that would be "acceptable" I guess.

We need a factory set variation!

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
All they need to do is stamp "factory version"

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
No, what they need to do is stop wasting my damn money playing games. Either the cards are sp'd or they aren't. This is stupid. And I'm a big supporter of Panini in all three sports . They get a lot more of my money than topps. So you bet I'll be on their back about this.

Now, had they just said they'd release a factory set later in the year, I'd be fine. Breakers would do what breakers do and it still would have sold.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
Yeah if this is somehow marked as a factory set version I see no problem. If not it makes the SPs pretty much worthless. As far as Topps factory sets go most topps base cards don't hold much value anyway.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
glad I didn't blow money on Donruss Series 2 yet! I'll just buy the factory set to get the complete Series 2 cards.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
The Rookies Update set seems to be a decent deal. It's only slightly more than a blaster and you get an Auto plus some exclusive update cards. Hmmm.

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
I will not bust any Donruss next year. If folks know they can wait for the factory set, sales for base sets and sp's will suffer.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I will not bust any Donruss next year. If folks know they can wait for the factory set, sales for base sets and sp's will suffer.

I will bust Donruss next year... if there is no factory set released in November or December 2015.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

Don’t call it a comeback — but it is.

Panini America is offering its 2014 Donruss release in factory set form and a second boxed set as well — 2014 Donruss The Rookies.

Both are scheduled to start arriving next Wednesday (Nov. 19) but both are available now for pre-ordering on iCollectPanini.com.

The Donruss factory set includes 356 cards — 255 standardXcards from this year’s Series 1 and Series 2 releases along with none Rated Rookies Materials card or one The Rookies Signature Update per set. Also included will be 60 Diamond Kings and 40 Rated Rookies, which were a tad shorter-printed in wax pack form.******* THE SET IS $100. ******

Among the signers for this one will be National League Rookie of the Year Jacob deGrom, Jon Singleton, Jace Peterson, C.J. Cron and Joe Panik. Players with Rated Rookies Materials will be Masahiro Tanaka, Jose Abreu, Oscar Taveras, Gregory Polanco, George Springer, Yordano Ventura and Billy Hamilton to name a few

The Rookies set is an online-exclusive release for $25, and it includes 101 cards — all The Rookies cards from Series 1 and 2 as well as a selection ofXThe Rookies Update cards and one on-card rookie autograph. There will be Rookie Signatures Update Rookie Tickets for those who sign as well as an unsigned version for Tanaka.

Signing for the The Rookies Signatures cards will beXNick Castellanos, Kolten Wong,X AbreuXandX Springer.XSigning for Rookie TicketXcards will be Abreu, Xander Bogaerts,X Polanco,X Springer,X Ventura, Mookie Betts, Arismendy Alcantara, Jake Marisnick, Jon SingletonXandXNick Castellanos.X(These lists may not be complete as a formal checklist was not released.)

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
$100 for the base factory set seems steep. I'll wait it out and see if the cards themselves are stamped or just the box. The Rookies set is a pretty decent deal though and I'll pick one of those up.

Members online

Latest posts