Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Please, please no Sparkles!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
Hey all. I'm looking forward to 2016 Topps Series 1 in a couple of weeks. I still get a bang out of the basic Topps line.... I just have one wish. Get rid of the stinkin Sparkle variations!!! I'm all for variations, but these are a pain in the.... Ok, rant over. I feel much better now.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
the only "sparklies" I want to see are like the 2011 Platinum Diamond Anniversary parallels.

No "sparkies" that are variations in the photo rather than a cool-looking parallel.

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
Personally I liked when one of the variations was a different (HOF) legend. I forget the year, but those were cool.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
There will be a Sparkle variation version where the sparkle is in different position on the card..
and look for invisible sparkle variations also where the sparkle is not there but the number on the back shows it's a variation!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Personally I liked when one of the variations was a different (HOF) legend. I forget the year, but those were cool.

You mean the player photos were variations by being different pics like some of the current players?

2010 I think, and yeah, they were cool.

And I also agree with eliminating the Sparkles. IF the variation isn't totally obvious, I'm probably not gonna like it...

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
I don't mind sparkle parallels as long as there's just one and not 80. Make collecting fun and possible again.

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
I like them.... I don't like the error versions from the data on the back of the card....think that was Heritage.......that was terrible!! Best regards, David

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA

They did those from 2009-2011 then switched to the photo variations and sparkles. Not sure why Topps consistently believes that collectors are clamoring for variations that are super easy to miss.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Upper Deck started this nonsense with the double-take variants. I can still barely tell the difference between my regular Marwin Gonzalez and my sparkle version. I agree, end the madness.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts