Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay Bidders to Block/Sellers and Breakers to Avoid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
Here is a seller that I will avoid (only the second one I have ever had issues with after almost 800 transactions):

auctionmax30

Needless to say, he's going to be getting hooked up with negative feedback and I have a case pending with him. Basically, I bid on an '89 Maddux SLU (sealed). In part, I should have noticed his NO RETURN policy that would've given me a red flag, but my bid was less than $50 so I didn't double check on that. Anyways, I go to open my mailbox and inside it is a folded up brown paper grocery bag that has been taped with duct-tape (first time I've ever seen anything like this). So, I reluctantly opened it up thinking ok, "maybe just maybe, it survived the shipping process". Nope, not only does it exhibit a significant crease in the corner, but the plastic that seals the figure and card has completely separated. So, I took pictures of the packaging and SLU send it back to the seller with an explanation as to why I am requesting a refund and the seller has the audacity to suggest that; (1) I must have taken it out of the package and (2) It can't be the same one he shipped me because his was sealed. Lastly shipping was $9.99 but this guy shipped '1st class' for $3.14 - in a brown paper bag with duct tape?

image.tiff

Attachments

• 20160408_184051_resized.jpg
    20160408_184051_resized.jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 52

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Here is a seller that I will avoid (only the second one I have ever had issues with after almost 800 transactions):

auctionmax30

Needless to say, he's going to be getting hooked up with negative feedback and I have a case pending with him. Basically, I bid on an '89 Maddux SLU (sealed). In part, I should have noticed his NO RETURN policy that would've given me a red flag, but my bid was less than $50 so I didn't double check on that. Anyways, I go to open my mailbox and inside it is a folded up brown paper grocery bag that has been taped with duct-tape (first time I've ever seen anything like this). So, I reluctantly opened it up thinking ok, "maybe just maybe, it survived the shipping process". Nope, not only does it exhibit a significant crease in the corner, but the plastic that seals the figure and card has completely separated. So, I took pictures of the packaging and SLU send it back to the seller with an explanation as to why I am requesting a refund and the seller has the audacity to suggest that; (1) I must have taken it out of the package and (2) It can't be the same one he shipped me because his was sealed. Lastly shipping was $9.99 but this guy shipped '1st class' for $3.14 - in a brown paper bag with duct tape?

image.tiff

No return policy is only for items that arrive in good shape. Yours falls under the "item not as described" category not to mention the excess shipping costs that eBay should refund you $6 of, if you push it.

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
No return policy is only for items that arrive in good shape. Yours falls under the "item not as described" category not to mention the excess shipping costs that eBay should refund you $6 of, if you push it.

Thanks, I honestly hadn't even thought of recouping the excessive shipping cost, but I'll definitely do that as well. Fortunately, I have been very lucky as I haven't had all that many issues with both buyers and sellers. This will be the first time that I have left negative feedback for anyone, but once he started suggested that I opened them myself and/or 'switched' it out (which makes no sense) I ended the conversation at that point.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Thanks, I honestly hadn't even thought of recouping the excessive shipping cost, but I'll definitely do that as well. Fortunately, I have been very lucky as I haven't had all that many issues with both buyers and sellers. This will be the first time that I have left negative feedback for anyone, but once he started suggested that I opened them myself and/or 'switched' it out (which makes no sense) I ended the conversation at that point.

Been rather lucky myself. Only issues I've ever had, were as a seller. eBay backed me both times.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
Ha! You outbid me for that.

I didn't see the mangled corner either.

My wife zoomed in on the pic and pointed it out to me.

The corners were perfect actually. I had asked about that, and he sent me a better pic. Would have thought he'd say something about the crease though if he had the card out. Some so called collector he is

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
The corners were perfect actually. I had asked about that, and he sent me a better pic. Would have thought he'd say something about the crease though if he had the card out. Some so called collector he is

Guess maybe that's the sleeve making the corner look bad.

Where's the crease?

Are you planning to outbid me on the other one listed? :lol:

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
Hahaha. I saw the other 1 and was like damn, why didnt i wait. But no, I'm not bidding on it. The crease is a fairly common thing with these cards. I've seen a lot, seriously alot of them with the crease or creases in the same area. They are always on the game used window cutout area. I guess when they press the card together, the fabric causes them.

promodeltodd

Aug 7, 2008
mayhem06 - uses the free shipping to get you in there and then charges you $3.00 for "handling" per new eBay policy.

My issue is yes, I did not read the description where he explains this when I first bid...

HOWEVER, I did find out after my bid and saw a "private bidder" out bid me so I did not worry. I am not on eBay a lot these days especially the last few weeks and saw I was out bid with less than a day to go. Next day I find I won the item for starting bid with the $3 fee plus the tax. The card was borderline overpaying at $6 but with free shipping I went with it.

I tried to contact the seller and he gives me the tough luck you are in a binding agreement don't contact eBay because they won't help.

The whole thing is shady to begin with for a card that isn't worth that much and not one someone would normally pay that much for if at all. Private bidder in this case shows me friend tried to bid it up and realized I wasn't going to bid higher and got me so they cancelled to make me pay.

I paid and will need to figure out the best way to let people know of this growing shady practice on eBay. eBay should be required to list any handling fees int he price/shipping area so you aren't roped in to reading 5 paragraphs how he knows how to work the system so read before buying.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
Got a guy to block from bidding. Buys my card for $15. 4 days go buy, I send a payment reminder. 7 days go by, nothing. Message him, and he answers "oh' I didnt know it autoaccepted, ill pay tonight. Btw, do u have any other Martins, he's my sons favorite player" I say yea, ill throw some in for him. That noght goes by, no payment. 2 days go by, and I message him again. I get "I'm having pp issues, I have to use my work computer tomorrow morning". Guy paid for a card 1 day before vuying mine. I open a npb case afainst him. Message him again, tells me "I'm still havin pp issues, need to get a prepaid card now. Now I see he's the leader bidder at $40 on another Russell Martin card. His name is

gm.clarioninnewlondon1

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
mayhem06 - uses the free shipping to get you in there and then charges you $3.00 for "handling" per new eBay policy.

My issue is yes, I did not read the description where he explains this when I first bid...

HOWEVER, I did find out after my bid and saw a "private bidder" out bid me so I did not worry. I am not on eBay a lot these days especially the last few weeks and saw I was out bid with less than a day to go. Next day I find I won the item for starting bid with the $3 fee plus the tax. The card was borderline overpaying at $6 but with free shipping I went with it.

I tried to contact the seller and he gives me the tough luck you are in a binding agreement don't contact eBay because they won't help.

The whole thing is shady to begin with for a card that isn't worth that much and not one someone would normally pay that much for if at all. Private bidder in this case shows me friend tried to bid it up and realized I wasn't going to bid higher and got me so they cancelled to make me pay.

I paid and will need to figure out the best way to let people know of this growing shady practice on eBay. eBay should be required to list any handling fees int he price/shipping area so you aren't roped in to reading 5 paragraphs how he knows how to work the system so read before buying.

If the winning bidder decides not to pay I thought the seller can send you a second chance offer at your max bid. I didn't know they could automatically make you the winner? When did this start?

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
If the winning bidder decides not to pay I thought the seller can send you a second chance offer at your max bid. I didn't know they could automatically make you the winner? When did this start?

The way I read it, the private bidder either retracted their bid or the seller cancelled it, making the opening bid the winner.

mgar26

Oct 22, 2008
If you like NOT getting paid, bgsslabs is your guy. 15 days, no payment, no response to messages. Do yourself a favor and block bgsslabs

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
If you like NOT getting paid, bgsslabs is your guy. 15 days, no payment, no response to messages. Do yourself a favor and block bgsslabs

You must be a nice guy. I get people hounding me after one day of not paying.

Members online