Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The autograph experts please help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
My sister in law is always finding baseball stuff at work and grabbing it for me. She sent me a pic of a babe Ruth picture and today I got it. Can anyone tell if this Lefty Gomez auto is real? Looks pretty legit compared to what I saw on eBay and Google
e78a08c830783111c112c3e9ae9b031a.jpg

a28a40d50ecd258f57a6bd0fd515dcd2.jpg

Yankees48

Jul 2, 2014
Looks a little shaky but who knows, he may have been old when he signed it.

and who would waste their time forging that whole thing, lol.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Looks a little shaky but who knows, he may have been old when he signed it.

and who would waste their time forging that whole thing, lol.
I did have the thought of all people to forge an autograph of, why him but also as a Yankee fan it's a cool pickup. Just need to change my name to Barry

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It looks identical to my Lefty Gomez autographs I got through the mail in the '80s. He was a great signer and obliged fans up until his death.

However, I knew I had seen that signed photo before, so I Googled it, and it was signed to Barry Halper, as Topnotchsy wrote.

Here's a link to the exact same item for sale:

http://www.stephenkoschal.com/gomezLefty.html

How did your wife get it?
I ask because many well-known signed pictures like this one to Barry Halper are often reprinted and sold as fascimiles.

Look at the signature under a magnifying glass, and turn the photo in the light to check for impressions and the shinyness of the ink, in comparison to the glossy photo.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
It looks identical to my Lefty Gomez autographs I got through the mail in the '80s. He was a great signer and obliged fans up until his death.

However, I knew I had seen that signed photo before, so I Googled it, and it was signed to Barry Halper, as Topnotchsy wrote.

Here's a link to the exact same item for sale:

http://www.stephenkoschal.com/gomezLefty.html

How did your wife get it?
I ask because many well-known signed pictures like this one to Barry Halper are often reprinted and sold as fascimiles.

Look at the signature under a magnifying glass, and turn the photo in the light to check for impressions and the shinyness of the ink, in comparison to the glossy photo.
I bet it's a reprint then, she works for a company that buys huge lots of clothes, memorabilia and electronics. They sort the stuff and resale in smaller lots, usually to resellers in Mexico. I appreciate the info

Members online

No members online now.