Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jon Singleton-- Here's my STASH....You could say I'm HIGH on him. Lawlz!!1!1!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Disclaimer: This is a blatant hype thread.

The idiotic puns in the title of this thread needed to be said, so I took care of it early. I bought into Singleton for the sole reason that he seemed to be forgotten due to his suspension. He was ranked 25th best overall prospect before the season, yet he was selling (and still sells) for a fraction of the prices of comparably ranked prospects. Yes he is a first baseman, and yes he surely lost some favor with the character police due to his failed drug test; but he still has incredible power and a great overall bat and based on his interviews, he was apologetic, embarrassed, and motivated to show everyone that he is serious about fulfilling his potential as a future All Star Major Leaguer. So I bought a couple...just a couple...and will be pulling for him now that he's back in action.

Please feel welcome to start buying Singleton any time. Just make sure you drive up his prices so that I don't get stuck with all of these :p

Also feel free to make fun of me if he sucks or fails another drug test; and feel free to be jealous if he dominates :cool:

JonSingletonAll_zps0f6a9694.jpg

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I have a Nice signed OMLB but since he's on the Astros it's hard to weed out if a good spike is gonna come. Who knows, he might light it up...

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
Wow, that is quite the stash.

Assuming your buy in is about $10-13 range per chrome base autograph on average, I would guess that you can turn a profit once people realize how good of a prospect he is.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I wanted to buy into him so bad, just couldn't afford two different prospects, and I made this stupid decision of going with a Mariner.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I'm hoping his base autos start to sell for $25-30 and the rest follow suit. The only problem with such a large stash is that it will be tough to move everything unless he plays well enough for long enough to provide a sustainable sell window for at least a few weeks, if not longer.....but having a couple reds makes it easier because those could single handedly pay for the majority of everything else if he gets hot enough.

It'll be fun to see what happens, this is probably the biggest single-player stash I've put together, so even with about 6 years of prospecting experience this will be uncharted territory for me.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
That's a dope collection.

Spicoli would be proud. Mr. Hand would request that you share the cards with the class.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I'm hoping his base autos start to sell for $25-30 and the rest follow suit. The only problem with such a large stash is that it will be tough to move everything unless he plays well enough for long enough to provide a sustainable sell window for at least a few weeks, if not longer.....but having a couple reds makes it easier because those could single handedly pay for the majority of everything else if he gets hot enough.

It'll be fun to see what happens, this is probably the biggest single-player stash I've put together, so even with about 6 years of prospecting experience this will be uncharted territory for me.

I am heavily invested in elites and sterling with stupid low prices...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I hope he "blows" up big, like ka "bong" & his prices go up as "high" as "smoke".

I hide my "stash" in a secret location behind the "oregano", so my wife doesn't "narc" on me knowing how much I've bought & have in my "possession"

Im not "rolling" in his stuff, don't really have any "paper" autos, mostly shiny stuff.

Compared to others here, my "stash" is a "****"n amount.

Funny thing is that I have a ball signed by his two best friends, former astros jung "bong" & brandon "puffer"

Anyway, I'm on my way to "washington" with a stop over in "colorado", ill speak to you all later after I down a box of twinkies.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I debated SOOO many times on going in on Singleton. Frankly, I haven't invested in a 1B'man since Smoak which I got burned on (Razor added to it).

The fact he got caught smoking weed only makes me like him more.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I debated SOOO many times on going in on Singleton. Frankly, I haven't invested in a 1B'man since Smoak which I got burned on (Razor added to it).

The fact he got caught smoking weed only makes me like him more.

Fellow Justin Smoak fan here too. I didn't "stash" him though 'cuz of the Razor thing but we might as light up the Smoak cards instead! :(

And it was the Third Strike for Singleton...

Besides, his former team, the Phils, have had tons of Suspensions in the Bigs and Minors. What do you expect when your Pitching Coach is named Rich Dubee?

gojacks63

Jan 23, 2013
Hey man, Im a big Astros fan! I hope your right on Singleton! He has the ability to be a big time player.

Members online

Latest posts