Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Grrrrr- today's the day- USPS® TO CHANGE RATES ON MAY 31 (June 1)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Now costs us $2.04 to send one card via USPS with on-line tracking- a 5.7% increase..........

USPS® TO CHANGE RATES ON MAY 31
Posted: 26 May 2015 08:29 AM PDT
The United States Postal Service (USPS®) will be making changes to the pricing of their mailing services. Rates in some categories will increase, some will stay the same, and others will decrease. The new rates will take effect on May 31, 2015.
USPS customers will see a slight rate increase in First-Class Mail®, Parcel Select, Media Mail, USPS International services, and others.
Here is a summary of the average price change, listed by category.
Priority Mail � no changes
Priority Mail Express � no changes
First Class Packages � +5.1%
Parcel Select � +8.0%
Media Mail � +2.3%
First Class Package International � +7.2%
Priority Mail International � +6.8%
Priority Mail Express International – +6.7%
USPS Tracking for Media Mail is now free
The shipping calculator, eBay labels, and PayPal labels will all be updated to reflect these changes�so make sure your shipping and return shipping prices reflect these new rates.
Remember that all eBay sellers who use eBay labels may be eligible for significant USPS discounts, and will continue to receive discounts on the new prices from USPS.
For more information about the discounts offered to sellers, please visit our USPS Savings information page.
And don’t forget: when you pay for postage and print your USPS shipping labels with eBay Labels, USPS Tracking�, the information wiill immediately be reflected in the My eBay summary. The information is also automatically emailed to your buyer to let them know their item is on its way.
Related posts:

1. ALL SELLERS CAN NOW RECEIVE AN AVERAGE DISCOUNT OF 30% ON USPS SHIPPING

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Was at my PO this morning. what a mess anyway they have new forms to fill out for return receipt requested. there scanners were updated for the new forms, only problem they didn't have any. the new forms come with the tracking # on them. so they old forms wouldn't scan.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
what is that an increase of 11 cents lol? oh noooooooo

It was $1.69 up until Jan. of 2014, went to $1.93 at that time and now $2.04.

Over 20% increase in a year and a half or so. That's a joke...........

I will add that 2 bucks to send something with tracking is still a pretty good deal.

Good that domestic Priority rates stayed the same.

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011

Try multiplying that by a couple hundred packages a week and then you'll see it's a big deal. Or how about the fact that the same package was only 93 cents less than 5 years ago? Or the fact that it was only $1.64 less than 2 years ago? Or the fact that the price increase comes at a time where the service has never been worse and the delivery times have never been slower?

Or how about don't be a sarcastic ass if you don't know what you're talking about ?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Well, when you are struggling as a company to make money, wouldnt you lower the prices to get people to think about buying said product?

No , it's a service , not a product really. Their amount of deliveries won't be affected by a price increase or decrease. Charging less would make the losses even more. For first class mail like this , there isn't competition to send out the item. They are losing money based on operation costs , not because they charge to much. Because they can't, and they only get approved to raise prices slightly , they should be charging $1 for a stamp to make up some funds.

Ryan

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008

just means those that already rip you off for $3.00 for shipping a single card will now charge $3.50. ;)

Be aware that the letter additional ounces and the USPS's legal fraud "nonmachineable" charge is now 22 cents instead of 21 cents.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
What would you do ?

Ryan

If I were the USPS I would stop delivering mail on Saturdays. It would save them a ton of money on gas, labor, brake pads, etc., etc. They have thought about doing this before but unfortunately it didn't get very far. Mail trucks around here look like there pushing 25 or 30 years old. :(

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
This is good news for me.
I mailed a few packages today and was pleasantly surprised that the tracking and delivery confirmation was free.
I always buy it anyway, so I actually save money now, even though the cost of 1st Class shipping went up a little.

And to paraphrase Brewer Andy, still a helluva deal to send something so cheaply 5,000 miles, from Hawaii to New York.

Last edited:

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
speaking of USPS and Paypal, i just sold a card for $225 and have been out of cards forever. do i need to apply signature confirmation for this package or not, i can't remember the sale amount that Paypal requires it for for seller protection

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
speaking of USPS and Paypal, i just sold a card for $225 and have been out of cards forever. do i need to apply signature confirmation for this package or not, i can't remember the sale amount that Paypal requires it for for seller protection

$250 is the amount where EBAY requires a signature..

I would send it with insurance and not signature.. they have to sign for it anyway, and your card will be covered if it's lost in transit..

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
$250 is the amount where EBAY requires a signature..

I would send it with insurance and not signature.. they have to sign for it anyway, and your card will be covered if it's lost in transit..

thanks for the response

this was a non eBay transaction, does that change anything? would you still go with insurance and not signature?

Members online