Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Topps Archives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I like the Kmarts too. I give them credit for the stamping and casing but that Aaron just points out that Topps has poor planning. Nice card to include though, some other card choices are atrocious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Very very cool that they included that k mart card. Would like more of those types.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I like the Kmarts too. I give them credit for the stamping and casing but that Aaron just points out that Topps has poor planning. Nice card to include though, some other card choices are atrocious

This. Not many of the cards they used really lend themselves to autographs. I saw one with blue sharpie on a totally blue background (blue outfield wall). Topps just keeps having these great concepts like bringing back Tek but man is their execution lacking.

2 RJ cards listed, both 1/1s so he's likely SSP as usually. Sellers want $500 & $700 lolz.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I like the stuff so far. Picked up a couple. I really like the stadium club rookie auto and the 92 topps all-star rookie cup as well.

Really want a checklist to figure out exactly what I'm chasing. Are there 3 1/1s or 20?

Dan

Sent from my XT1080 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

This is gonna be a damn mess. To me, it would have been better had they used particular cards. Like maybe just his rookies or something. Instead we've got random stuff signed with random numbering. And tamper proof anything doesn't exist! This product IMO, took a good idea and killed it!

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
12348125_10100642057199659_6952521426941465774_n.jpg

Awesome Canseco card! Members choice cards were so cool. Congrats!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
As a follow up, I do like some of the cards I've seen for other players(the k-mart stuff is dope!). As it stands for my player, most of these, even as a player collector, I would not have had signed. I do agree with Dan on his likes as those are actually some I would personally want signed. Some of these others leave me scratching my head...

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I like the what I've seen so far but I really want to know exactly what is out there. So far these are Andruw's 1/1's I have seen and even though only one sold as BO at $99 it seems the 1/1 stamp is driving asking prices much higher than they normally would be. I would like to know what they had him sign so I can grab one or two. Really hoping for a 97 or 98 Chrome auto to show up.

06 Bazooka
04 Bazooka
00 Stadium Club
05 Cracker Jack
97 Bowman
01 Topps Gallery

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
I just want to know why they're using Bowman, Bowman Chrome, and Bowman Heritage cards in TOPPS Archives.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
So far 16 Oleruds have turned up on ebay. My favorite so far is 2001 Bowman Heritage... sig on the B&W photo is pretty sharp. The ugliest is 2003 Topps Chrome - dark blue border, dark photo, blue ink (also bad ebay listing pic).

I agree that it's quite a mess with seemingly random cards with random print runs. Everything from base Topps to Heritage to Chrome to 205. A 1/1 is 2000 Gallery Artist's Proof.

I'm curious to watch the 1992 Topps Golds. I've seem 3 Gold Winners listed, and I wonder if any regular Golds were mixed in.

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
great product however you all do realize most of these cards are their left over million card giveaway cards from a few years ago. a genius way to get us to over pay for nostalgia.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
great product however you all do realize most of these cards are their left over million card giveaway cards from a few years ago. a genius way to get us to over pay for nostalgia.

Eh, when I said it was a good idea, I did mean that. Why? Because even if they are left overs, all the ones I've seen are on card. I'm sure there are some that aren't. But for the most part they are. That really adds value and also means these cards cost topps money because they had to get these signed. Not just slap a sticker on which in some player's case, would really have been the "topps" thing to do.

And I do think it's somewhat cool to have varying cards. But there is no rhyme or reason to it. That's the major flaw. Rookies, or maybe just every base topps card would have made more sense. I mean, this thing looks like a IP graphers anonymous meeting gone wrong.

The numbering could have been 1/1 for rookie, /2 for 2nd year card, /3 for third year and so on. That would have been the thing to do.

Sadly, topps, and wax rippers, think if something is arbitrarily low numbered, it'll add value(or is worth a fortune in the case of the rippers) and thus the product sells. The people scratching their head are us. Debating on what to bother with.

I like buybacks. But this is weird...

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I received:
John Kruk 51/60 1989 Topps card.
Shawn Green 11/28 2003 Topps card.
Darryl Strawberry 1/1 1993 Finest All-Stars card.
DANNY

Members online

No members online now.