Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2000 UD Ovation Standing Ovation /50 - What's up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
2000 Upper Deck Ovation Standing Ovation... what gives? It looks like there are two variations to the cards? Just look at COMC here (http://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball/2000/Upper_Deck_Ovation_Standing_Ovation,sr,vDetails,i100) and you will see that the Pudge looks like the base card /50 and the Ripken looks like an insert /50 but still same set? I guess if someone could give me a little insight, that would be great. Also, why so rare? Seems like something from 2000 which is /50 would be all over the place.

I have never seen the Albert Belle before and question whether it is even out there or if people even know what they have? Just odd to me that I have never seen the Belle before but seems like most players are rare to find and just not sure why or what the deal is. Any insight or discussion is helpful.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
2000 Upper Deck Ovation Standing Ovation... what gives? It looks like there are two variations to the cards? Just look at COMC here (http://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball/2000/Upper_Deck_Ovation_Standing_Ovation,sr,vDetails,i100) and you will see that the Pudge looks like the base card /50 and the Ripken looks like an insert /50 but still same set? I guess if someone could give me a little insight, that would be great. Also, why so rare? Seems like something from 2000 which is /50 would be all over the place.

I have never seen the Albert Belle before and question whether it is even out there or if people even know what they have? Just odd to me that I have never seen the Belle before but seems like most players are rare to find and just not sure why or what the deal is. Any insight or discussion is helpful.

Isn't that Ripken part of a subset within the base cards? So, it's just what the parallel looks like of that particular subset base card right? Of course, Clark isn't in that set and I'm no expert on the issue, just what I see from observing the set from a distance :)

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Isn't that Ripken part of a subset within the base cards? So, it's just what the parallel looks like of that particular subset base card right? Of course, Clark isn't in that set and I'm no expert on the issue, just what I see from observing the set from a distance :)

You are correct. That Cal is from the Superstar Spotlight subset.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Not mine only one Juan collector has it. I have never seen one for sale:(

juan_picture.php

juan_picture.php

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
So I am assuming every card in the "set" is in the parallel set each /50?

Also, what makes it stand out or apart? I am assuming the "Ovation" on the front is refractor foil and obviously the serial number on the back?

I am in SHOCK at how "rare" these are or how hard to find... /50 for something in 2000 doesn't seem like it would be that hard.

tenballer

Aug 9, 2014
I had the Chippers before I focused my collection on 90s only. I am assuming the "Ovation" on the front is refractor foil and obviously the serial number on the back? This is correct as far as I know, but I'm not an expert on these. Easy to overlook could be why you don't see them.
http://baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/2000_Upper_Deck_Ovation#Parallels

Each base card (EXCEPT for the Ryan Anderson) is available in a "Standing Ovation" parallel, which is serial-numbered to 50 copies.

So I am assuming every card in the "set" is in the parallel set each /50?

Also, what makes it stand out or apart? I am assuming the "Ovation" on the front is refractor foil and obviously the serial number on the back?

I am in SHOCK at how "rare" these are or how hard to find... /50 for something in 2000 doesn't seem like it would be that hard.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Crap.....now I have to look for these cards as I go through the hundreds of boxes I have. When I had my store I know my customers opened literally 50 of these boxes and would leave me everything but the inserts.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I still need the Canseco in this so if anyone finds one, please let me know!

Skippy100

Sep 21, 2015
I owned the following card, but different serial number:
(Just using the photo from COMC for ease)

2000 Upper Deck Ovation Standing Ovation #76 - Jim Morris /50
Courtesy of COMC.com

I sold it this past year on eBay. And I can tell you that the gold foil on the front has a refractor like sheen to it in the light.
I had owned that card since getting it out of a retail blaster box back in 2000.

Members online

Latest posts