Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC Black Friday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Alright player collectors, how are we faring this year. I've grabbed around 20 cards this week, nothing super special. After 3 or so years of this it's becoming slim pickings.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Same..i used to shop there a lot more, then the site went through some changes (listings were all screwy, think it may have been related to a dispute with Beckett) and have been back maybe once a quarter since then. i think i still have credit there though so should check. thx for reminder!

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I also buy from COMC now and then but as the PC gets farther along it's slimmer pickings there - and everywhere else. I bought about 10 cards today from them, and with the current sale they were pretty reasonable.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
At this point, the only sellers who have anything I'm interested in are those who want twice what each card is worth (or 10x, if you're Joels hitShow). Unfortunately, those sellers don't tend to be the ones who see Black Friday as an opportunity to offer reasonable prices.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
At this point, the only sellers who have anything I'm interested in are those who want twice what each card is worth (or 10x, if you're Joels hitShow). Unfortunately, those sellers don't tend to be the ones who see Black Friday as an opportunity to offer reasonable prices.
Good old Joel Sh!t Show

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Just check COMC. Only 3 cards that I would want on there right now but nothing deal worthy.

Fordman

Berkey33

Nov 8, 2014
Picked up one card before the black friday deals, a bruce smith team prizm /50 for $1.75 for my rainbow.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
what does it mean when you come across a COMC card that is a redemption card in the photo with a sticky note on it that says "redeemed 11/xx/16"? Does that mean the person sending in the card or COMC redeemed the code and all you are buying is the redemption card with no valid code?

I found some cards I wanted but I didn't buy any of those redemption card listings.

Berkey33

Nov 8, 2014
what does it mean when you come across a COMC card that is a redemption card in the photo with a sticky note on it that says "redeemed 11/xx/16"? Does that mean the person sending in the card or COMC redeemed the code and all you are buying is the redemption card with no valid code?

I found some cards I wanted but I didn't buy any of those redemption card listings.

90% sure that COMC sent for the redemption but they don't have the card yet. E-mail or ask them on twitter.

JustMoe

Mar 13, 2015
Burien, WA

The card seller asked COMC to redeem the card on the seller's behalf - when the redemption arrives, they pull the old redemption card and replace it with the card received by the manufacturer...it makes it hard to monitor, as the new card is given a new card ID number.

You can buy the card before it gets redeemed, and you'll receive the new card in your portfolio when it arrives - of course, you can't request a shipment until the new card arrives. You'd think that would go without saying, but (for reasons I won't get into) it needs to be said.

It's a crapshoot, because there have been occasions when the athlete on the card hasn't fulfilled the redemption for any number of reasons...so, the card company sends a replacement, but the company doesn't label the replacement - meaning COMC receives a replacement card but no indication who is supposed to receive that replacement. So, it's stuck in limbo and you're stuck with a scratched card you can't do anything with. You'd be better off handling your redemptions yourself, and avoiding the pre-scratched redemptions on COMC.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
You can buy the card before it gets redeemed, and you'll receive the new card in your portfolio when it arrives - of course, you can't request a shipment until the new card arrives. You'd think that would go without saying, but (for reasons I won't get into) it needs to be said.

good thing I didn't buy any of the redemption cards i saw listed - it would stink to not get the card or have to pay additional shipping to get the card since I'm one that buys and ships at the same time and doesn't have an account to hold cards in.

COMC should hold off on scratching and registering codes until 2 months before the expiration deadline so someone else can buy the card that isn't expired yet, physically receive it and redeem it themselves.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Picked up a couple. Definitely not the same caliber of deals they had a few years ago. I agree with the above comments, the only cards I need are way overpriced. I still love the site and find some deals from time to time.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Just bought 7 Trevor Story 2016 Stadium Club RCs from comc. My favorite RC photo of him. Also grabbed 2 Jon Gray cards serial #55 /199; 55/250 (his jersey #), a David Dahl/Brendan Rodgers dual card serial #26 /50 (Dahl's jersey #), and a DJ Lemahieu 2015 Topps Update Black AS #09 /64 (jersey #). Got all this for $16.01.

Found all of the jersey # cards on eBay - then popped over to comc and bought them.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
How does one cross promote COMC with ebay?
I see COMC cards on ebay but none are mine? Do I have to instruct them?

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Not a player collector, but I found some nice deals. Also took advantage of free shipping; cards are set to arrive Dec. 19th.

Members online