Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jesus Montero stash being sold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
It's gone, who was it?

Guy named Wes. He invested heavily in Montero and it didn't end well. I watched Montero play "A" ball here in Charleston and thought he was going to be a beast, but i could not spend the coin needed to buy his RC's when they came out. Dodged a bullet on that one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35-2008-Bowman-Chrome-Jesus-Montero-Gold-Refractor-Rookie-Auto-Lot/183327545233?hash=item2aaf2c5791%3Ag%3AI5IAAOSwj%7E5bS-%7EW&LH_Auction=1&_sacat=213&_nkw=jesus+montero+&LH_Complete=1&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_TitleDesc=0

sold for less than $40..

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Holy crap. How much do you think he spent on all that?
Getting $30 for all that is pointless, even if it's worthless. He should have listed a reasonable buy it now with best offer and hoped a fan or family member bit on it.

I understand not wanting to see those reminders of wasted money around anymore, but I would have rather either given them away or burned them than received $30 for something I spent $1,000+ on. That's just adding salt to the wound.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Is the earth-killing asteroid near? First, the Jose Canseco stash is being sold off and now Jesus Montero! Can't wait for the Todd Van Poppel or Kevin Maas stash collectors to sell.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
My man

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

it was a gamble buying those redemptions but they were going for so low. it was hard to pass up. i had to search but i found a thread where i bought an xfractor auto for $40 plus $10 for grading. it gemmed and sold for $225.

also found my full original stash. not anywhere near as much as wes but i made at least double on everything.

Montero:
7 Base autos
2 Ref autos
3 Xfractor autos
4 Blue Ref autos

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Even though this feels like a million years ago, it was only 10, and Montero is only 28. He's playing in Mexico, according to BR.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Is the earth-killing asteroid near? First, the Jose Canseco stash is being sold off and now Jesus Montero! Can't wait for the Todd Van Poppel or Kevin Maas stash collectors to sell.

I'm about to sell my Brien Taylor stash... :lol:

Members online