Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does it matter where the stamp is on the envelope?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I bought a bunch of pre-stamped envelopes and if you are holding the envelope right side up, the stamp is upside down on the bottom left hand corner. Does it need to be in the upper right hand corner? Anyone know? Strange question I know, but I have over 100 envelopes here stamped upside down.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
No, doesn't matter. If you're concerned, if they aren't addressed yet, just rotate them 180 degrees when you address them.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Too funny. I had to LOL really loud. I see you are up to your old tricks Carl.::facepalm::

Ralph have you ever noticed in our previous bickering, not once was I the instigator? Meaning, not once have I ever gone out of my way to stir up old XXXX. You repeatedly tell me you have me on your ignore list but yet you feel the need to hijack a thread I post in every now and then.

If you really wish to be done with me, Ralph, than give....it....up....

Seriously. Aren't you like 50 years old? You really want to waste the time you have left bickering with me over a used bubble mailer I sent you a couple years ago? Give it a rest man. Sheesh.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Ralph have you ever noticed in our previous bickering, not once was I the instigator? Meaning, not once have I ever gone out of my way to stir up old XXXX. You repeatedly tell me you have me on your ignore list but yet you feel the need to hijack a thread I post in every now and then.

Seriously. Aren't you like 50 years old? You really want to waste the time you have left bickering with me over a used bubble mailer I sent you a couple years ago? Give it a rest man. Sheesh.
You're still too funny with all your shipping issues. And your want to be one of the big boys, but yet you're still an amateur. Carry on.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Girls, you're both pretty.

As for the stamp thing, I remember in Wizard (back when I was digging on comic books) they would have subscribers send in their best envelope art and I distinctly remember several of them having the stamp in a random place. So it does not matter at all, as long as it is visible on the envelope.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
As long as the stamps are on the long edge, you're fine; if not, you don't have enough postage, as they now count as "square" or some other shape, that requires additional handling.

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
No, doesn't matter. If you're concerned, if they aren't addressed yet, just rotate them 180 degrees when you address them.

....................Great point and also cant believe you just mentioned this..Because in the past 5 days or so, I have received 2 different envelope's just like you described, one being an ordinary one turned like you mentioned and the other was very strange..the kind with a see-thru window so the check/bill inside shows the address being shipped to and it was upside down and to the point when you opened it the check fell out:D..just found this strange that someone happened to mention this very thing..:eek:

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
My parents both worked at the Post Office (retired) and I went to work with both of them in Jr. High for take your kid to work days. They have machines that sort and postmark the letters. If the stamp is in the wrong spot it will flip the letter and still postmark it. The machines can read handwriting too or they are pretty amazing! Dad was maintenance so I watched them do this as he was checking for issues. No matter where the stamp is it'll be fine. If for some reason machine doesn't, they'll have a clerk do it by hand.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Last edited:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
My parents both worked at the Post Office (retired) and I went to work with both of them in Jr. High for take your kid to work days. They have machines that sort and postmark the letters. If the stamp is in the wrong spot it will flip the letter and still postmark it. The machines can read handwriting too or they are pretty amazing! Dad was maintenance so I watched them do this as he was checking for issues. No matter where the stamp is it'll be fine. If for some reason machine doesn't, they'll have a clerk do it by hand.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

That's pretty cool, thank you for sharing. I worked for the PO as a part-time delivery man for a year. I had my initiation in a big facility where I got to witness how the mail is sorted. I was amazed by what the machines could do. Of course, I wasn't aware about the stamp placement non-fiasco.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
You're still too funny with all your shipping issues. And your want to be one of the big boys, but yet you're still an amateur. Carry on.

And on that note, it's time to bring this to an end. I can't believe I'm like 25 years younger than you and I'm the one just putting this to rest. I will NOT have you on ignore (it's very hard to get me to ignore anyone), but I will not respond to any further troll posts of "Used Bubble Mailer-gate!"

I hope you can now sleep at night. You might sleep better thought taking a ****** every night, so you stop rolling out of bed.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
And on that note, it's time to bring this to an end. I can't believe I'm like 25 years younger than you and I'm the one just putting this to rest. I will NOT have you on ignore (it's very hard to get me to ignore anyone), but I will not respond to any further troll posts of "Used Bubble Mailer-gate!"

I hope you can now sleep at night. You might sleep better thought taking a ****** every night, so you stop rolling out of bed.

Next time take the high road dude. Dropping the going away jab makes you look no better than him. He obviously won't let this go so just ignore him and he will get bored eventually.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Next time take the high road dude. Dropping the going away jab makes you look no better than him. He obviously won't let this go so just ignore him and he will get bored eventually.

You're completely right and I regretted hitting the post button as soon as I did. But I didn't want to seem like a coward in fear of someone seeing it and then it being deleted and then there being a whole 'nother soap opera.

But, in the end, you are right, I should've taken the high road. I'm personally putting this XXXX-wagon behind me.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
You're completely right and I regretted hitting the post button as soon as I did. But I didn't want to seem like a coward in fear of someone seeing it and then it being deleted and then there being a whole 'nother soap opera.

But, in the end, you are right, I should've taken the high road. I'm personally putting this XXXX-wagon behind me.

Good for you.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.

50 is the new 30, you're only as old as you feel.

Last edited:

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
[MENTION=4746]hoopster3977[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2710]markakis8[/MENTION]

The next one of you to instigate an attack on each other gets a long suspension. I am sick and tired of this bullXXXX.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
@hoopster3977
@markakis8

The next one of you to instigate an attack on each other gets a long suspension. I am sick and tired of this bullXXXX.

Oh well played Chris. Infuse your hatred of me on a slight chance of seeing me gone for a day or two. You can kiss my ass on the ruling of this matter. You damn well know I've nothing to do with this. Excuse me for defending my honor.

Have I responded accordingly? Hell yes. It's no less that Brian Gray's name being drug in the mud (I apologize [MENTION=1948]Leaf[/MENTION] for bringing you in but it correlates) and him causing 30 page threads for your liking. You want to end this XXXX? You PM Ralph and tell him to shut the hell up because you know who incites this dead horse EVERY TIME.

Step outside your spiteful box of mine and realize, for once, I'm not the one being overly dramatic here. I've avoided this old XXXX for years and all he's done repeatedly is try to instigate me in several threads and if you need to me to prove it, I will. If you "suspend" me, I will have someone else prove it.

Swallow your pride, do some research and realize, I'm not an instigator in your soap opera.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts