Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Logomans, Bat Barrels and Bat Knobs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Haven't read this thread but just thought I'd give my opinion, I would personally rather a knob because the player touched that part of the bat a lot. The nameplate is super cool and rare though probably has a lot of wear as well normally.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'd rather have a bat knob. I just think they look cooler and take up much more of the card. A bat barrel is always but into a tiny sliver which is dumb because...well, it doesn't have to be. It could be bigger and better. But it's not for some reason.

All that said, I own none if the above but would buy in at the right price. Only problem is Bagwell has very few of these types of cards available and at the prices they command, I could afford a random player but would be hard pressed to but it considering I'm buying one to own that type of card and not getting one if my favorite player. That's a lot of money to blow just to "have an example of one".

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
I have three logoman cards and one bat barrel. All Jason Varitek cards. I do not have a bat knob card though, mostly because there has not been one issued for Varitek. Here are a few scans:
front.jpg
front.jpg
front.jpg
I also like button cards which were not mentioned:
front.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
^^^Beat me to it but I was going to mention buttons and see if y'all thought those were worth adding to the conversation or if those were kind of a tier two? or about 4th best "premium" item?

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Here is what I don't understand about buttons.
Jim Rice has many jersey cards out there and not a single button card.
Where the hell are all of the buttons? I mean, between card companies there must be 5 or more jersey's of his and not one button?
Did they dispose of them when they were cutting them up?

Odd.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Here is what I don't understand about buttons.
Jim Rice has many jersey cards out there and not a single button card.
Where the hell are all of the buttons? I mean, between card companies there must be 5 or more jersey's of his and not one button?
Did they dispose of them when they were cutting them up?

Odd.
HAHA!! Before this year, I literally was asking that same question about all these "premium" items... I mean Belle had bat pieces in 2000 Black Diamond... so where are the two knobs and the one nameplate? Same with bat and jersey cards from 2011, 2012 and 2013... where are all the premium pieces? I still ask that when it comes to the logomen on the jerseys and what about laundry tags or buttons? Nothing. Just odd if you ask me.

Again, goes back to do you even believe what they're selling? If so, where are those pieces... they didn't throw them away. Just doesn't add up and again, I'm going to stop now because when I start digging deep and asking these kind of questions is when I start questioning everything lol

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
HAHA!! Before this year, I literally was asking that same question about all these "premium" items... I mean Belle had bat pieces in 2000 Black Diamond... so where are the two knobs and the one nameplate? Same with bat and jersey cards from 2011, 2012 and 2013... where are all the premium pieces? I still ask that when it comes to the logomen on the jerseys and what about laundry tags or buttons? Nothing. Just odd if you ask me.

Again, goes back to do you even believe what they're selling? If so, where are those pieces... they didn't throw them away. Just doesn't add up and again, I'm going to stop now because when I start digging deep and asking these kind of questions is when I start questioning everything lol
We don't know, they could have thrown stuff away.

I'm partial to knobs (of course), but nameplates are the most personal piece you can get of your player, besides his DNA

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I hear you. Jonathan Lucroy had a Golden Moments plain jersey card 3 years ago in 2012 Topps. He also had nice WBC relics in WBC Tribute and All-Star patches in '14 Update but where all the premium swatches from that first standard gamer? Lucroy has been an established star in Milwaukee for 2 years, easily the biggest fan favorite on the team and yet those swatches are just sitting around going unused? Topps just keeps throwing Braun and Segura at us over and over in the high end products while the real star patches collect dust somewhere? Or were those plain grey swatches truly not from anything in particular? If Topps' track record is any indication they'll all be released in high end releases in 2016 after Lucroy slumps this year for .213/6/46 and is busted kicking a puppy in late August.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I hear you. Jonathan Lucroy had a Golden Moments plain jersey card 3 years ago in 2012 Topps. He also had nice WBC relics in WBC Tribute and All-Star patches in '14 Update but where all the premium swatches from that first standard gamer? Lucroy has been an established star in Milwaukee for 2 years, easily the biggest fan favorite on the team and yet those swatches are just sitting around going unused? Topps just keeps throwing Braun and Segura at us over and over in the high end products while the real star patches collect dust somewhere? Or were those plain grey swatches truly not from anything in particular? If Topps' track record is any indication they'll all be released in high end releases in 2016 after Lucroy slumps this year for .213/6/46 and is busted kicking a puppy in late August.

They could be getting pants more often than jerseys? Those are harder to pull "prime" stuff from. Secondly, you never know what or how much stuff these companies got. They may get way less from some players and may be stockpiling the good stuff due to the fact they didn't get much stuff from them like they do with others...

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
They could be getting pants more often than jerseys? Those are harder to pull "prime" stuff from. Secondly, you never know what or how much stuff these companies got. They may get way less from some players and may be stockpiling the good stuff due to the fact they didn't get much stuff from them like they do with others...

Good call, didn't even think of the pants factor

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Are there any zipper cards? Or do players' pants have button-flies? Serious question.

Not 100% sure but they can make better pant cuts using the loops (zippers if they apply) etc. Also not sure if the pants use buttons like jerseys ? I'd think it would be more of a metal button. Too tired to look for images , but that's my opinion

Ryan

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I've not seen zipper cards for baseball, but they're out there for other endeavors.
$(KGrHqVHJCEFIu26JE7yBSNnmy,G-g~~60_1.JPG

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
afbq8k.jpg

Aesthetically, MLB and WBC logos are my favorite, followed by flag patches and bat barrels

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I've not seen zipper cards for baseball, but they're out there for other endeavors.
View attachment 45639

And the reason they are "desirable" for those cards is precisely the reason they would be considered "undesirable" by manufacturers and many collectors for baseball cards, and companies don't make them. I mean, it's kind of creepy..."Check out my Jeter crotch swatch card!"

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
And the reason they are "desirable" for those cards is precisely the reason they would be considered "undesirable" by manufacturers and many collectors for baseball cards, and companies don't make them. I mean, it's kind of creepy..."Check out my Jeter crotch swatch card!"
Yea, that is pretty weird. I mean on both sides... even the chicks lol... how many creepy dudes just zipping and unzipping that card and thinking about the girl wearing it hahaha! Jezusssssssssssss

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

Yeah , when I stated they can use more parts of the pants like the loops and zippers , I didn't envision this. So a full zipper is def not the way to go !

Ryan

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
"Yep check out this card I paid $300 for, this piece of pants is guaranteed to have been directly over Mike Trout's dingdong during a major league game!"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts