Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did you sell your Trout too soon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Good god. I literally can't even comprehend that price. Obviously I know how well Trout sells, but I don't think I realized it was at that level. What in the world would the Super fetch at this point? I just cannot imagine, no matter how rich I get, spending that much on one piece of cardboard.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Yes, yes I did.

I sold a "Base" Sterling auto of his for $16 soon after getting it. Got more ($19) for Chris Hand. :lol:

At least it was from a free pack!

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Here you go:

B_azmWhUgAEX4Ps.jpg:large

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I don't blame people for selling early though. So many of these guys never amount to anything. That's why I don't spend much on big name prospects. Look at all the "can't miss" kids right now

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
yeah, I pulled an Xfractor right when the product came out and sold it [i think] a few months later for $75. so nobody talk to me / and i dont grade but card was a GEM

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I was winding down my prospecting in 2009, and Trout looked, to be totally honest, like another in the long line of Angels hitters that were super-hyped and wouldn't deliver (Conger, Wood, Kendrick, McPherson, Kotchman, Morales, etc.). So I never got into his stuff and even if I did, I surely would have sold out in 2012, striking while that iron was hot, and never to get any hotter. Oy.

I think I actually own just 1 Trout card that isn't part of a complete set, but it's a good one (2012 Topps Museum gold frame auto).

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Wow. I actually felt a kick in the stomach for you.

I only ever pulled one Trout auto, and never bought any. The one I pulled is still sitting in my PC. It was a Bowman Sterling /109.

When do you anticipate your balls descending, again?

I pulled the card in a box I opened. I actually pulled that and a Gold Jared Mitchell Auto in the same box.

I still have the Mitchell Auto.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
If this isn't indicative of a bubble then I don't know what is, that price is outrageous - is there any chance it hits $20K?

hairyharold

Mar 20, 2014
i had a shot to trade for a trout xfractor auto for under 200 and felt the same way. i got burned on brandon wood and thought of him and didn't pull the trigger

I was winding down my prospecting in 2009, and Trout looked, to be totally honest, like another in the long line of Angels hitters that were super-hyped and wouldn't deliver (Conger, Wood, Kendrick, McPherson, Kotchman, Morales, etc.). So I never got into his stuff and even if I did, I surely would have sold out in 2012, striking while that iron was hot, and never to get any hotter. Oy.

I think I actually own just 1 Trout card that isn't part of a complete set, but it's a good one (2012 Topps Museum gold frame auto).

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
In my history with Trout I sold a base Chrome, Elite, and a 2010 Platinum. I know I almost doubled my investment, but we're talking $30->$60, etc.

Members online

Latest posts